Chapter 4

"A million times over, I'll always choose you!"

Aaron

We made it to Brenda's parents' home. And Brenda was really glad to get off the boat. I knew she loved being with me, but I think being out on the open sea like we were made her nervous. She was not used to it like I was.

We had a taxicab come to the docks and pick us up. I place our luggage into the trunk before the taxicab driver gets out. I open the door for Brenda to get in first. Then I get in after her. I give the drive the address to where were wanting to go.

Brenda lays into my side. I place my arm around her shoulder. "You ready to see everyone? And ready for our wedding?" I ask her.

"More than ready" she replies.

"It is good to be home?" I ask her.

She nods. "Yes. Before when I came home, I had no job. I dropped out of school. I lost my little apartment. And I was at an all time low. Now I am back, and I have the love of my life in it. And I am getting married! I have no reason to be ashamed to be back. I am happy"

"Good, I am glad you are. I would stay at my parents' home. But they are redoing something in the basement. No one is allowed over there. And we will have to stay at your parents" I explain to her.

"Will they be back in time for the wedding?" she worries. "I know you said they went out of town for a few days" she reminds me.

I nod. "Yes, they will be here for the events and the wedding"

"I look forward to seeing your mom and dad. I always loved them" she tells me.

I kiss her. "They loved you to" I promise her.

"Your mom used to say I was the sister you never had" jokes Brenda.

I chuckle. "No, you were not my sister. And if you were, I could never do this" I joke. I caress her face with my hand then dip down to kiss her. I give her a long sweet French kiss.

She looks at me all starry eyed. "Well no you could not do that" she laughs.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

We soon pull up to her parents' house. Excitement flows in me. Her mom and dad come rushing out of the house when they see the taxicab pulling up to the home. I get Brenda out of the cab.

The cab driver opens the trunk for us. Then I get our luggage out. Brenda is hugging her parents once she is out of the cab. Then we see her sister Melody and her husband come out of the home. And Melody has huge belly on her. She waddles over to us with her hand on her baby bump!

"AARON! Look! I told you! I told you!" exclaims Brenda joyfully.

She rushes to her sister. They hug. "Told Aaron what?" asks Melody curiously.