Chapter 5

"You have a way of, making my heart happy!"

Brenda

I had a really nice dinner with my family. I still could not believe that my little sister Melody was having a baby before me. She already got married before me. I guess it was good that I was marrying now.

Honestly, I never thought I was ever going to get married. Because I never got over Aaron in the past. And I could not move on. Or imagine being married to someone other than Aaron. Now I was back home and I was marrying the love of my life. I could not wait to get married.

"So, have you picked out a wedding dress yet?" Melody asks me as she hands me a piece of cake while we all sat outside at my parents' home that evening.

I take the plate with cake on it from her. "Not yet. I also need to pick out bridesmaids' dresses. Remember Emily Barrows from high school?"

"Yes, I remember her. She had dated Aaron in high school, right?" wonders Melody.

I smile. "I emailed her. I asked her to be in the wedding. Also, Caroline is coming all the way from Florida. She and I have kept touch. I want you to be in the wedding. My maid of honor" I remind her.

"Won't it be weird for Aaron to have Emily at the wedding?" wonders Melody.

I shake my head no. "He is fine. I asked before. He really does not mind. After all Emily is now married. And she has one child. Her babies name is Veronica"

"It will be nice to see them again" says Melody.

Aaron was over talking with my dad and my brother in law. He looks over when he notices me glancing his way. He smiles making me smile back at him. I was nearly finished with my piece of cake in a blink of an eye.

This cake was very yummy. My mom was a great baker. I wondered how Aaron was going to do on the wedding cake. I hoped he would not ruin it and would get it done in time.

"Who made this cake? Mom?" I question Melody.

Melody shakes her head no. "No, I did"

"You? You bake?" I giggle feeling surprised by that.

"Yes, I enjoy it. Since being married my husband lets me stay at home. And I love to cook. I love watching cooking shows to. It is a hobby" she brags.

"Well then maybe you should be making the wedding cake instead of letting Aaron ruin the wedding cake" I joke.

Aaron comes over to my side. "What might Aaron ruin again?" he asks me.

"The wedding cake" I giggle.

"I will not ruin the wedding cake. It will be the best cake ever" he brags to me.

I smile up at him. "Better be" I teasingly warn him.

"Are you ready for bed? I am tired" Aaron asks me.

I get up from my chair. I had finished my cake. "Sure am"

"Night guys" says Melody.

"Night everyone" I tell them all. "We are heading to bed" I announce.

I throw away my paper plate I had. Then follow Aaron back in the house. We go upstairs. It was time to get ready for bed. My favorite time of the day. I got to snuggle with Aaron all I wanted. I loved that. He enjoyed that to. Only in my old room there was no tv in the room. Mom and dad had been old fashioned. I had not been allowed to have a tv in my old room.

Neither had Melody been allowed. Now that I looked back on things it was more fun to watch tv shows together in the living room. But I also did enjoy having a tv in the bedroom when you were sick or having a period. I could snuggle under my covers while I watched a tv show. Aaron had one of those smart tv's. That way I could watch Netflix or YouTube on it.

We get to the bedroom at last. Aaron shuts the door behind us. I get my pj's out. I had lavender ones with pretty little flowers on the pants. Then a simple cream-colored tank top. Summer ones. I get dressed. Then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Aaron is dressed and then he goes in the bathroom. I climb in bed ready for sleep.

I can't help but smile. Aaron Winters was actually going to be in my bed! I always dreamt of that when I was in high school. I used to fantasize about Aaron climbing in my window.

Sneaking in during the middle of the night. And kissing me as I lay in bed. Waking me up. Then he would make love to me. But Aaron was so shy back then. That never happened. Much to my disappointment.

"I am so tired. I should not have had a beer" Aaron tells me with a yawn.

He shut the behind him. He climbs in bed beside me. I turn off my night lamp near my bed. Aaron shuts his off. I feel Aaron lay down in bed first.

Then he motions for me to lay beside him. I rest my chin on his chest. My hand is on his chest to. Aaron has his arm around my shoulder. I feel him kiss the top of my head.

"I am tired to" I admit with a yawn.

I feel Aaron's fingers in my hair. Running in it.

"I never thought I would ever get a chance to be in this bed" he jokes.

I giggle. "Me either"

"Did you ever dream about me in this bed?" he wonders. "I did dream about being with you all the time"

"Yes, I did" I say as my heart races.

"Tell me something you dreamt about me" he demands to know.

"Well it was more of a fantasy" I admit.

"Tell me" he begs to know.

"Well I would always imagine I was in bed like this. And you came in my window. Like you sometimes did. And I was sleeping. I had no idea you were in the bedroom. You would come over to me. And wake me with a kiss. Then make love to me" I say shyly.

"I wish I had the balls to do that in the past. We might have gotten together sooner" he chuckles.

"So, what were some of your fantasy?" I ask curiously.

"Mine were a bit dirtier. I would imagine I was in the shower. My parents were gone. Of course, then you were in the bathroom. And you come in the shower. You begin to wash me. And well do dirty things to me" he chuckles. "I had to take many cold showers back in those days" he jokes.

"My poor baby" I giggle.

I lean up and kiss him. "Maybe while we are here, we can make your dreams come true" I tease.

"Mmmm, great idea" he agrees. He pulls me in his embrace. We are face to face this time. He kisses me. I was so glad to have him in my bed. And in my heart. He belonged there.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|