Chapter 7

Manhattan, New York
Friday, September 22
Lucifer

"You didn't bring her." My therapist, Ms. Boe said.

"Her mother wouldn't let me, we really aren't on good terms right now but I'm trying to be better. Not only for Cavalli but for Onika too. She's changed so much, for the better and I feel like she deserves someone that's going to be on her level, y'know?"

She shook her head. "You love to ramble Beyonce, you know that? Why is that?"

"I don't talk to anybody and I feel like I can trust you."

"Why don't you talk to anybody?"

"Because people always use it against me. The only people that haven't used what I've told them against me are Onika, Taylor, and Joseph. Those are my dawgs. I'll always have their backs."

"Since this is you wanting to be better for this Onika character, do you think you two would still have been together had you not put your hands on her?" She asked.

I shrugged. To be honest, I didn't have much faith in Onika and I due to everything I'd been through, everything I had put her through, and everything that was going on in the present. I genuinely am in love with that woman and I was in that moment as well, I just didn't have faith in either of us.

"Your words Beyonce."

"No I don't." I wasn't used to being intimidated by someone, especially a woman.

"Why is that?"

"'Cause in the moment, we weren't right. We constantly disrespected each other and it wasn't healthy. I called her a bitch on a daily and she reciprocated the same energy. It was like 'you a bitch ass nigga but I love you though' and I see now, that that would not have worked out."

She nodded her head. "Onika has changed, yeah?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "A lot. She's better now. When I first got back in contact with her, I had the same mentality and she showed me up, telling me that I was not going to disrespect her in any way, shape, or form."

"That's a woman you want. She gon' send yo food back when you scared to do so." She laughed. That was one thing that I liked about Ms. Boe. She was a joker but when it was time, she gave me the real shit. "But seriously, she's grown now, she's not going to let you disrespect her at all. If you fuck with her, she'll show you some shit."

"You talk like you know her."

"I might as well. You come up in here every three days a week, talking about how amazing she is. How are you going to get her to trust you to have your daughter on your own?" She asked.

I shrugged. "We really need to talk without the disrespect. How is she ever going to trust me if she never gives me a chance to do anything. I love my daughter and I want the best for her."

"Awww cute."

I nodded my head and played with my fingers. I do love my daughter and I love my baby mama as well. She just don't love me back.

"You want to have sex with her mother, right?"

"What in the hell?" I gasped.

"I mean you do. Don't you?" She asked.

"Hell yeah. Have you SEEN her?"

"No. Show me."

I gave her my phone, showing her a picture of Nika. Her eyebrows raised. "I'm straight and I'd fuck the shit outta her."

"Alright now."

I went to Onika's job. Nana had AJ and Ramon with her. Nana had asked her to babysit them since I told her I was busy. I hadn't told her that I had been going to therapy. I didn't want things to go too fast. Cavalli was at school.