|nemoto|

Ahh, how lovely~
Tapping your digits on the keyboard, you grin as you notice you are nearing the end of your report. Throwing your hands in the air you laugh quietly in delight as you stretch your limbs which crackle with a satisfying sound. All while grabbing an umbrella and making your way to the exit of the shared workplace, you greet a coworker goodbye rather  enthusiastically, which he returns a strained smile to thinking of the pile of paperwork he has yet to finish.

As you make your way to the outside world finally free of the monotone office, you let out a relieved sigh.
Finally, long awaited freedom!
No more watery coffee and no more sleepless nights! Well, atleast during the weekend.

A sharp sound interupts your aimless train of thought, causing you to fret and barely catch your cellphone as you nearly drop it in a nearby pond. Well, isn't this lovely, the very person you had told you hated receiving phone calls decided to do just that.

"Shin! I though told you to text!"
"Ah, I apologize. I truly am sorry for the distress I have caused you." Sure he is.
Your eyebrow twitches in annoyance, being able to detect the amusement in his voice.
"Ahem- anyway, what'd you want?"
"I was wondering if you were free tonight, I'd like to take you out somewhere nice... for dinner maybe?" Opting between telling him the truth and having a possibly pleasent dinner or instead staying at home having a more relaxed evening, you decide the first option might be for the best considering your love interest has some major trust issues, you wouldn't want to deal with the consequiences of his broken trust.
"Y'know what, why not since I'm free tonight and stuff."
"It's settled then? I'll pick you up at seven?"
"Sounds good to me."

Your home being only a few blocks away of your workplace, you reach your destination as soon as the phone call ended.
"Now to get ready." Muttering to yourself, you list off all the things that needed to be done till date night takes place.
A warm bath is needed for sure. A grin creeping on your face as you step into a warm vanilla scented bubble bath. Almost losing track of time, you wrap a towell around your freezing form as you rumage through the closet looking for a date appropriate outfit.

Thanking the gods your hair has dried while you were busy matching up the articles of clothing and deciding between the colours of lipstick that would match the assorted outfit.
Once again a loud noise interrupts you, alerting you of the person you had been waitimg for all along.

"Shin! Hey." Smiling sheepishly you try to compose yourself while straightening out any possible wrinkles that may have found their way onto the fabric. Seeing him return the gesture and smile just as brightly caused you to relax and make any type of nervousness you had before dissipate.

"You look beautiful. Now, shall we?" Charmed by his smooth yet comforting voice, you take his hand leading you to the passengers seat. When he asks about your day, you gladly describe it in great detail especially when you see his small smile when you crack a dumb joke here and there.

The evening flew by quickly, with your partners silly stories and occasional dad joke coming from your side, you truly had a good time. Clutching your hands gently in his, you had made it to your front door when he started to lean in. Just before he sealed  your lips he made sure it was alright for him to be so close to you in such an intimate way. You nod your head in approval, smiling softly when you notice him breathing a sigh of relief.

Closing the distance between the two of you, the corners of his lips turn upwards when you react to the kiss almost immediatelly. Resting his forehead on yours, breaking the kiss due to the fact humans still need to breathe even if it was irritating at times like these.

"I'm guessing you liked the date?" A raspy voice inquired almost jokingly, already aware of the answer.
Rolling your eyes in playful irritation, you let your body lean against his, searching for comfort.
In return the specled male wrapped his welcoming arms around you frail form. He usually wasn't a very affectionate person by nature, but being around you gave him all sorts of loving feelings, you could say. 

"Hey, Shin?"
"I love you Y/n."
"I know." You paused slightly before finally deciding it was time to tell him how you truly felt.
"I uh, love you too."
Too caught up in the moment neither of you noticed the rain soaking you, too focused on each others company and your comforting embrace.

~
Ooof, it took me a while to write this, but I finally did it! And I noticed the lack of nemoto fics and I couldn't help myself, since I have sort of a soft spot for the birb gang. :^)