Chapter 17

Elias POV

It's been three days since Julius took Jonah and Olivia. We couldn't find them anywhere, and it was killing me. I hated that they got taken on my watch, and I didn't try to save them.  How could I let that happen?

We've been searching for them everywhere. He couldn't have taken them far away, especially if he had been watching us. He was here, we just didn't know where. I was on edge, who knew what he was doing to her and Jonah. I know Liv is strong, but Jonah is only two years old. He must be scared. I just wondered what he was doing to them.

"You need some sleep, Eli," Rose said walking into the living room with a cup of coffee.

"I will when we find them. I will sleep when Julius is dead, and Liv and Jonah are home." I took the cup of coffee she offered me.

"Understandable, but you have to stop blaming yourself. You couldn't have known he was here. We all knew he was close, but not close enough he could kidnap Liv and Jonah." She tried to reassure me.

"I know that you are trying to make me feel better Rose, but you just can't on this one. Do you remember how I stopped at nothing when you were taken by Zander? I nearly killed him, until I got you back. Now another person that I love is taken away by a crazy psychopath and I feel even more powerless than before. When I thought I lost you Rose, I would have lost my humanity to get you back, with Liv and Jonah, I would die to get them back. You are all my family, I would rather die than see any of you hurt." she hugged me.

"I love you Eli, and I'm glad that all those years ago, you decided to come back for me. I will stand by any decision you make until we get Liv and Jonah back. I will kill anyone who gets in my way, we will get them back." She said. 

"Now let's narrow this down.  We know he didn't leave, he must be close but hidden in plain sight. Maybe he has a witch working with him, so he is hidden and untraceable." I thought it over.

"You might be onto something. I mean he was able to surpass a powerful witch's spell, and uncloak all of us. He either had to kill the witch whose spell was used to cloak us, or he has a witch just as powerful helping him. Let's start from there." I said, and we got to work.

Olivia's POV

I didn't know where I was, or how long I had been here. All I knew was that it was torture. I was tied up with chains, and I felt very weak. He had been torturing me since the moment I got here. He keeps Jonah away in another room, and I hear him crying every day. I didn't know what he was doing to him, but it made me angry. 

He came into the room and walked up to me. "What are you doing to my son?" He said nothing just sat down in his chair. " What are you doing to my son your ass!" I yelled at him. "I swear if you hurt him, I will make you regret it!" He laughed.

"How do you suppose you will do that? You're chained up darling. You are not going anywhere. "He smirked. 

"Let me out of these chains, and you'll find out,"  

"Please, you're nothing but a small little wolf, you don't even know to defend yourself. If you did, you would have fought harder for your child. You're weak, and we both know that but please keep up that attitude, I love it when they fight. You know, your mother was a fighter. She always liked to fight back, knowing she was never going to win. Too bad she disobeyed me, and set her own death sentence. You know, if you think about it, if you hadn't been born, your parents would still be alive. You are the cause of your parent's death, wow. You basically killed them yourself." He said

"I know what you're doing," I said 

"And what would that be?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You're trying to get into my head. Make me feel bad about myself. It's not going to work. If living with humans has taught me anything, it's that you have to be strong. Even if people try to break you. You won't be the first person to try to break me but go ahead. Try me. I won't bend as easily as you think." I spat at him. 

"If you say so, just know, I will break you one way or another. For now, this will have to do." He walked over to a table and grabbed something I didn't know what it was, but I could tell it was meant to hurt me. He walked up to me and held the object in front of me. It was a blade, but it didn't look like a normal one. It was all black, with a silver handle. He smiled, then swiped it across my bare stomach. I yelped in pain. Again he swiped it, but this time across my left shoulder, to my collar bone. The pain hit me again, and I yelled.  This wasn't a normal knife, I knew that now. "You see, this here is a demon blade. It can hurt any supernatural being ever. If I stab you in the heart, you die." He said pointing the knife at my heart. 

"Let me go, you sadistic bastard!" I yelled. Again he cut me this time across the back.

"You've got balls, but let's see how this holds up when we involve a special someone. Bring him in." He said there must have been someone outside, because, soon enough they came in with Jonah. When I saw who was holding him, my heart stopped.

"Matthew?  How could you?" I asked, and he said nothing and handed Julius our baby. He was officially a traitor.