Chapter 13

Colby's pov:

Beep... Beep... Beep....

   The horrible beeping sound in my ears had continued to annoy me even while I was out cold. I could hear everything and feel everything, but I couldn't open my eyes or even move my body.  I almost completely blanked on what had happened, but everything around me was slowly bringing back memories. The trip, the RV, Sam and Brennen's situation, the exploration; and the person that probably just ruined my life. The memories flooded in, I remembered everything that had just happened. All the awful things he did to me.

   Then I took a breath.

   I sat up and felt my heart beat out of my chest. The beeping sound coming from the heart monitor started speeding up and my breathing quickened. I looked at my hands, the cuts on my wrists had been wrapped and taken care of. I grabbed at my hair, pulling at it until something happened, anything. I wish this was all just a dream. Nothing has been going my way. Suddenly a nurse had stepped in my room and immediately gasped.

   "He's awake!" She screamed out into the hall and ran into my room next to me.

   "How long have you been up?! What do you remember? What happened to you before you got here!?" She started asking, slightly overwhelming me/

   "Uhm... For maybe five minutes; I remember everything I think; and I'd rather have my friends here for that.. I don't feel too comfortable talking about that in front of someone I don't know." I said, trying my best to answer all her questions. She smiled and nodded at me before walking out of the room. I pulled myself up a bit more so I was actually sitting. I looked at the table next to me and grabbed my phone off of it. I had gone of Twitter to pass some time and found that there was a new #1 trending hashtag. #PreyforCB. I tried to find where it began and it didn't take long.

   "Hey guys, I have some bad news. Colby and I might not be posting for a while. We are coming to the closing of our trip, and we had decided to go exploring, but Colby had an incident where he got seriously hurt. I hope all of you understand, #PreyforCB" Sam had tweeted it, three days ago. I had been out cold for three days. They were probably having so much fun without me. They're better off without me. I heard quick steps outside of my closed door and saw four peoples silhouettes through the blurred glass. The doorknob finally turned, in walked my three friends and the nurse from before. She seemed to be gawking at me like I was an angel. Honestly, even after all that is happening, it still pissed me off. I hate when people just obviously disregard someone's feelings. She has no clue what has happened, she barely even knows who I am.    

   "Colby!" Sam screamed and ran over to my bedside. He jumped up on the edge of the bed and immediately hugged me.

   "I was so scared! I don't know what fully happened but I can promise you that we will keep you safe! I love you so much baby!" Sam said, slowly starting to tear up. I shivered just thinking about what that awful man had done to me in that place. I started to lightly cry, eventually turning into sobs. I hugged Sam like my life depended on it, to me it really did.

   "Sam... I can't anymore! Everything just hurts so fucking much... I can't stand everything that has been going on and this just tipped me over the fucking edge. The world would be so much better off if I just was never born.." I ranted, getting some of the clutter out of my head. Sam's eyes widened and he just sat there, shocked into silence. My sobs got heavier and it was getting harder and harder to breath.

   "Colby baby.. You need to calm down ok? Take deep breaths and lay down ok? I'm here, we're all here for you. I promise I will never let anything like that ever happen again!" Sam said, doing his best to calm me down. I just rapidly shook my head. I gently pushed him away from me and grabbed at my hair again.

   "You don't even know the half of it! You have no clue what has been going through my head for weeks now!" I raised my voice a bit more.

   "Then tell us Colby.. We're all here for you!" Elton said, trying to be included in this awful conversation. I let my hands fall into my lap, lifting my head up enough so that they could all see my tear stained face.

   "You really want to know... Fine. I've been cutting for months, different reasons, except for one main one. I hated feeling so weak around all of you so I ventured off during our little visit. That man fucking dragged me to the basement by my hair. He beat me into submission until I was too hurt to move away from him. He tried to kill me, so there would be no evidence of his crime. He raped me until he heard people coming down the stairs. He left me there to die, ready to act on someone else. IS THAT WHAT YOU FUCKING WANTED TO KNOW?!" I finally finished, my voice getting louder with each sentence.

   They all stood there, tears flowing, nothing but shock, guilt, and sorrow. I laid back into the uncomfortable hospital bed and did the only thing I could do. I cried my eyes out, not being able to control my body anymore. Sam, Corey and Elton all gathered closer around me and engulfed me in a hug. I reluctantly hugged back and dug my head in the crook of Sam's neck. I never wanted to let go. This felt like heaven. My small source of life. My will to live.