0.01| life in the back

Adara sat on a stool over the convenience store counter, her head resting in her hand as she flipped another page of her book

counter, her head resting in her hand as she flipped another page of her book. On her left, a half-eaten bowl of ramen already cold to the touch.

Absentmindedly she reached for her strawberry smoothie loudly slurping the remains of the drink.

"We are going now live to a breaking story. Moments ago, police reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire, Reginald Hargreeves..."

Adara had finished flipping the page over, turning her head towards the small screen displayed over the counter, the picture of Sir Reginald Hargreeves displayed. It took her a few seconds to process the information

"Father..."

A faint whisper escaped her lips, as she sat frozen on the stool, as information about Reginald Hargreeves were recited by the news anchor, a picture popped up displaying seven young kids all dressed in uniform and a domino mask. Hargreeve's greatest accomplishment 'The Umbrella Academy'.

And Adara had happened to be a part of it.

Quickly grabbing her things Adara made way for the streets, her food left forgotten and her book crumpled into her backpack.

Her siblings immediately appeared in her thoughts.

Had they heard the news?

Luther had been up in the moon for four years.

Diego had been living the life of a vigilante occasionally visiting her, in her relocated boarding school.

Allison, Adara knew only about what magazines and interviews Allison spoke to, only knowing she was in a custody battle for her daughter.

Klaus, was probably high in some alley, when somewhat sane he'd come looking for her as well.

Five, was still nowhere to be found even after seventeen years, there has been no clue as to what might've happened to him.

Ben, he was dead. Although she always had a suspicion that Ben hangs around Klaus the only person capable of seeing him.

Vanya, she hadn't spoken to her since she had published her autobiography exposing most of the secrets within the family.

And Adara, she was still stuck in the body of a fifteen-year-old, for about seventeen years recently sent to a boarding school by Reginald Hargreeves himself.