0.04| the red book

Adara stirred awake in the living room, besides the fireplace

Adara stirred awake in the living room, besides the fireplace. Groaning she sat up, tilting her head to the side the satisfactory sound of her neck cracking. 

Getting used to her surroundings she heard muttering from behind her, twisting her back from the chair, she saw Klaus in nothing but his underwear muttering for the ghosts in his head to leave him alone.

Her heart dropped in sympathy as her brother sprang up, hyperventilating curled on top of the sofa. 

She watched in worry and amusement as he panted and patted the carpet seeking drugs. 

"Shut your piehole, Ben." Klaus blurted.  He then paused looking at the seat next to her, sending a kiss. "Said with love."

"Can't smoke eggs." Klaus lifted his leg on the table, a lighter in his hand and a cigarette in the other.

He swiped his thumb three times, the lighter not releasing flames.

"What the?"

"How about eating a decent meal before getting wasted?" Adara finally spoke up, startling the older man.

"Jeez, how long have you been there."

"Fell asleep here," She then motioned towards his lack of clothing. "Wild night?"

"You know me." He then stuck the lighter in front of her. "Light it up, sis."

With a roll of her eyes and a sigh, Adara added flames to the lighter scrunching her nose as Klaus breathed in the toxins. 

Klaus looked behind her, his eyes enlarging at the glass display behind her, strutting he opened the case. 

"One of these have to be gold plated, right?"

"Please, I beg of you put some god damn clothes on." Adara pleaded to avert her gaze from her brother. 

She spotted Pogo walk into the room, a smile on her face as he cleared his throat to get Klaus's attention.

"Christ on a cracker!" Klaus held his hand to his heart. "Pogo."

Pogo stood in the room unamused by Klaus and his antics, "My apologies Master Klaus. I have a query for you."

Klaus let out a small 'oh' his hands resting on the sofa as Adara glanced at Pogo.

"Items from your father's office have gone missing. In particular an ornate box with pearl inlay."