Chapter 3: Lucas

I grabbed my helmet off of the ground, and smiled. If Ryder wasn't coming then I knew I would win. Usually when Ryder was here he would win since this is his turf, drag race was his life but it was mine too! Yet I still would always come second, no matter how hard I tried. I looked over to the crowed and waved, the crowd roared with excitement. 

"Are you ready Luke?" I looked behind me and saw Jared.

"Is it time already?" I asked, he nodded

"Yep" I saw his eyes go from behind me " And look who's here, Ryder nice to see you man! Thought you weren't comin" I turned around me and there he was, Ryder.

"You of all people should know that no stomach bug could keep me from racing" He smirked. I mentally sighed, I knew me winning would be too good to be true. Jared gave me and Ryder the five minutes signal, and left to go talk to the others.

"From the looks of it earlier I really didn't think you were coming" I said.

"Really? When have I ever missed a race" I shrugged

"I don't think ever, but you know there's a first for everything"

"Yeah well not today, now let's go I'm ready to cream your ass " He smirked

"Yeah right! Your going down!" I narrowed my eyes.

"Good luck" he started to walk away from me and I heard him mutter " your going to need it"

I put on the white helmet before walking over to my Dodge Charger R/T, my baby.I smiled as I touched hood of the car, I was number 10, the one known as always coming in second. I got into the car and started my engine, my car was already placed in the spot I was supposed to be in, next to Ryder but just a little far back from him.

I looked over at Ryder in his car, a toyota supra, and damn was that baby fast. He made his engine roar, taunting me, edging me on. I glared at him, I had to win, just once. Stacy went in the front of the cars right in between mine and Ryders car. She lifted up the black and white checkered flag. It was time, I roared my engine. Stacy waved the flag and we were off.