Mute

Sehun was mute.

  Well not really.

  He could speak.

  He just didn't like doing it.

  And there was only one reason.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  It had started out fine. When he first entered kindergarten, he made new friends there.

  Baekhyun was a small kid with a naturally cheerful disposition. He was the one who introduced Sehun to his friends. Baekhyun was a little social butterfly, nothing ever daunting him.

  Chanyeol was that tall, awkward-looking, gangly kid with too-long limbs and a too-big creepy smile. Despite all that, he was really friendly, scaring Sehun at first, but nonetheless welcoming.

  Jongin had defended Sehun one day when a group of kids were making fun of him, and was soon added to their friend group with toothless smiles all around.

  Kyungsoo was that tiny kid (even tinier than Baekhyun, goodness) with the big eyes that was terrorized by the same group of kids that had teased Sehun. Jongin had found him crying one day and had taken Kyungsoo under his wing. Afterwards, he had simply protected Kyungsoo from the other kids, earning Kyungsoo's eternal gratitude and a lifelong follower. That was how Kyungsoo had ended up hanging out in their group.

  So technically, Sehun already saw it all coming. It was inevitable to see. Chanyeol getting huggier with Baekhyun day after day. It wasn't surprising to see Jongin blushing whenever Kyungsoo thanked him brightly with an eyesmile.

  And Sehun was envious.

  The week before Valentine's Day, Sehun could see Jongin and Chanyeol get edgier and more restless. Chanyeol seemed to be muttering something to himself and Jongin kept playing with the ends of his shirt, a pale pink ghosting over his tan skin whenever Kyungsoo came running up to him.

  It all occured on Valentine's Day.

  Chanyeol began it all by dashing into the kindergarten to find Baekhyun. Once he spotted his target, he ran over with a messily-wrapped box. Thrusting the box to Baekhyun, he all but shouted: "Baekhyunnie, I like you! Please be my valentine!"

  Well, that was direct, Sehun thought, cringing at such an outgoing confession.

  Baekhyun evidently thought otherwise.

  His whole face brightened up, his eyes shaped themselves into crescent moons, and he threw himself onto Chanyeol, hugging the life out of Chanyeol as he squealed: "Of course Channie!"

  Sehun swore that he had never seen Chanyeol happier.
  (Don't swear Sehunnie, swearing is bad for kids. ~ Park Chanyeol, 18 years old.
   Shut up, Dumbyeol. ~ Oh Sehun, 16 years old)

  The gift turned out to be a really beautiful seashell, that Chanyeol had picked up from the beach when he had gone there on a holiday.

  "It's really pretty, Channie" Baekhyun cooed at the seashell.

  Jongin however, confessed in a much milder way.

  During lunch break, both Jongin and Kyungsoo were missing, not that Chanyeol and Baekhyun cared much. (they were too busy being lovey-dovey with each other) And as he entered the classroom, Sehun saw a blushing Kyungsoo and a radiant Jongin. It was hard not to guess what had just happened.