Capter Seventeen "Secrets Revealed, Part 3"

Me, Hiccup, and Toothless are flying home when suddenly, we see smoke coming from Lakesshore. Oh no. I growl. Landing by Carla's house, Mom says, "Whose your new friend?" Mom. Meet Hiccup. Just don't overreact. I growl. "Hiccup? He's your new friend?" Mom says. "How does she know me?" Hiccup says, confused. "There were two movies made. How To Train Your Dragon one and Two," I say. "Turns out, they didn't know Berk was real and everything in it, real," I say. "Oh?" Hiccup says. "You going to invite him in?" Dean says. "Oh, right. Where are my manners. Come on in," Mom says. "Is it alright if Toothless comes in?" Hiccup asks. "Yeah," Dean says. "Come on in, bud," Hiccup says. "Turns out, there were some wrong details about the movie," I say. So, when we going to go get them back? Toothless growls. "Soon, Toothless. Soon," I say. "I'll be right back," I say, walking out the door. I'm visiting the charred remains of my house and I see something that peaks my interest that survived the fire. A small, plastic Night Fury. "Wow. I can't believe this is fine," I say to myself. "What you got there, Shawn?" Dean says, noticing the toy Night Fury. "Oh. Just a toy," I say. "Ready? I say. "Only if Toothless is," Hiccup says. Only when you are. Toothless growls.

Alright. Let's do this. I growl. Flying back to where they had Carla before, I'm shocked that they brought her back here. I notice somebody else there, too. My friend Allan, or Snotlout. Snotlout? I growl. Snotlout? What's he doing here? Toothless growls. Oh, that's Allan's nickname we have for him here. I growl. Ok then? Toothless growls. I nudge Hiccup with my tail. "What?" Hiccup whispers. Remember what Carla said. Believe who I am. I growl. "I don't know what you're saying," Hiccup says. Nevermind. I growl. When shall we go? I growl. Up to you. Toothless growls. How do I work this? I growl, walking over to Toothless. Toothless, can you set your tail for speed? So I can try to match it on your saddle? I growl. Sure? Toothless growls. He adjusts his tail and I match it with the correct position on the saddle and lock it into place. Why did you do that? Toothless growls. Sorry, but if something happens, I want you to fly off and get the others. I growl. Okay. "So, we ready?" Hiccup gets ready to mount Toothless until I push him off with my tail and point to the locked position, then point in the general direction of Berk. "Oh, okay," Hiccup says. I lower down and let Hiccup mount me. "Ready, Shawn?" Hiccup says. I growl in a way that says, 'heck yeah'.

I tense my muscles and stretch my wings as an indication that I'm going to fly. "I'm ready," Hiccup says. Hide. I growl as I fly straight upwards. Hovering for a bit, I start heading down when I notice they're moving Carla, Snotlot, and Siare. Little do they know we're following them. "There!" Hiccup says, pointing to an old, abandoned warehouse. Course. There's always an old abandoned warehouse. "Alright. Now that freak Night Fury has to show it's self because we have it's rider, and his mate," the group leader says. Hold, Toothless. He wants me. I growl. Right. Just, be careful, Shawn. I still would like a friend after this. Toothless growls. Stay calm, you three. We're here, and we have Berk on reserve. I'll explain when I get you out of there, Snotlout. I growl. "Shall we turn her?" A small man says, holding another vial. "Is it the right stuff?" The leader asks. "Smells like it," the small man says. "Good. Now, just wait for the Night Fury. If he doesn't show, just like last time," the leader says. I motion Hiccup off and I fly straight up. Diving down, there's that familiar screech of the Night Fury. "Night Fury!" A third man shouts. Before they can chamber a bullet in their guns, I've already got Allan and Siare. Oh, thank Thor you're alright, Siare. Toothless growls. I'm glad to see you too,

Toothless. Siare growls. "Shawn. They've still got Carla," I know. I growl. But I'm too late to save her. They've already had her drink that vial and ran from the building. Why are they running? Toothless growl. I don't know, but I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen. Go take Allan to Carla's house. I growl. On it! Toothless growls. So what now? We have no idea what they did to Carla. Siare growls. I have a feeling we might need to call Berk in on this. I growl. As I growl that, I hear Carla scream. Carla! I roar. Looking down from the roof, I see something terrible. Today just got a whole lot worse. I don't know how they did it, but they've turned Carla. Turned her into the Screaming Death mixed with a Monstrous Nightmare. Only one word comes to mind and I don't want to say it.