Chapter Three: Baker High, Home of the Bulldogs

Felicity spent a few hours on the phone with her dad last night. Mostly to figure out how the appliances in her home worked and how to keep it clean and functioning. She also managed to figure out how to set an alarm on her phone and figured she should get up rather early to get ready for her first day.

So that's why her alarm blared through the room at five a.m. sharp.

Felicity bolted up from the bed, not being used to waking up to a loud noise rather than someone waking her. She looked over at her phone that was on her dresser, still blaring the alarm and vibrating. Felicity reached over and shut the alarm off.

She climbed out of bed and walked into the little bathroom attached to her room. Felicity was thankful that her dad stocked everything so she didn't need to buy anything.

When she stepped in the steamy shower she let the warm water flow over her body, easing the tension she had about her day. What if she didn't fit in with anyone? What if Elex didn't want to be friends with her after today? Felicity shook her thoughts away as she just washed quickly, not wanting to spend too long in the shower.

Felicity hopped out and wrapped a towel around herself, walking back into her bedroom and over towards her closet. She opened it and couldn't help but smile at all the different colors she could now where. The Volturi was very reserved. So she was usually dressed in black.

Letting her eyes run over everything she took her dad's advice last night and decided to, 'dress to impress.'

When Felicity heard the honk of a car she knew Elex was here. She picked up her brown leather, one strap, shoulder bag and quickly ran outside. Once outside she made sure her key was safe in her pocket before locking the front door from the inside and shutting it.

Felicity walked over Elex's car and slid in giving him a tentative smile. "Good morning."

Elex just looked her up and down and blinked. "What are you wearing?" He asked in disbelief.

Felicity looked down at the outfit she'd chosen. It consisted of a deep purple, silk blouse, paired with a black skirt that rested modestly at her knees. Her shoes were just some stylish black ankle boots.

"Is this not presentable enough?" Felicity asked looking at her friend as her nose scrunched up in confusion.

"Felicity we're going to school, not a business meeting," Elex said letting out a sigh as he shook his head. He gave her an apologetic smile. "I just didn't want you to get stared at too much. Though you are new so it should be expected." Elex said shrugging his shoulders.

Felicity bit on her bottom lip and just stayed silent as he drove off towards where she assumed their school was.

She saw the sign for the building and thought it looked rather cute with the small dog adorning the sign.

"Baker High, home of the Bulldogs baby," Elex said with a laugh as they pulled into the parking lot. He parked the car and turned to Felicity who looked at him curiously. "Look, everything will be okay alright? If anyone gives you a hard time just come find me and I'll set them straight okay?"

Felicity smiled warmly and nodded her head. "Okay." She mumbled quietly.

Elex nodded, returning her smile. "Okay." He hopped out of his car and Felicity did the same, waiting on her side for him.

She felt eyes on her as Elex came to stand next to her. "Come on, let's go get your schedule." He said throwing an arm over her shoulder and guiding her towards the office.

Felicity just nodded her head and followed, not really wanting to meet anyone's eyes. She was too nervous to see if people were giving her judgmental looks, but she could hear some whispering. Felicity just ignored them as she and Elex walked into the front office.