~ 1 ~

The sunset shimmered as Sora and Kairi sat down by the ocean. "The sunset's so pretty." Kairi smiled. "It's always been beautiful, Kairi. Just looking up at the sky makes me calm." Sora laughed. Kairi placed her hand on Sora's hand and turned to look at him.

"There's... something I've been wanting to tell you, Sora." Kairi said. Sora noticed that Kairi's facial expression was serious. He tipped his head and asked, "What's up?"

"Well.. how should I put this," Kairi slightly frowned. "I like you." She smiled. Sora laughed confusingly. "I like you too, Kairi. You and Riku! You two are my best friends!"

Kairi sighed. "You really are stupid. Hehe.." Kairi grabbed Sora's hand and squeezed it tightly. "I meant I really really like you. I think it's called 'love'. Although it's very confusing. Kairi frowned.

Kairi looked up at Sora and waited for a response. "Is it the feeling when you feel like you're heart is about to jump out of your body when you're around someone?" Sora asked, while looking up at the stars.

"Hmm.. something like that. When I'm with you, I feel really happy and excited." Kairi laughed. Sora let out a quiet gasp. He covered his face, which was bright red. "Oh no.. please. Don't tell me." He mumbled.

Kairi looked over to him. "Sora, are you okay?" She tried calling him down. " D-Did you just say you liked me??" Sora stuttered.

"Yeah, I said it a couple of minutes, but you didn't understand what I was trying to say. Did you barely get it? Kairi laughed. "I'm really sorry, Kairi. I like someone else.. You're really kind and sweet. And beautiful too!! But.." Sora exclaimed.

"Sora.. calm down. It's fine. I figured this would happen, so I tried to not get my hopes up." Kairi smiled. Sora grabbed ahold of Kairi's arms. "You're making me look like the bad guy! Well, I basically am. You shouldn't be forgiving me this soon!" Sora yelled.

Kairi grabbed Sora shoulders. "Sora, I'm serious. I'm fine. You're just too kind. I don't care if you don't like like me. Being here with you and being your best friend is enough to make me happy." She giggled.

Sora sighed and fell on the sand. "Why are you so nice?!!" He yelled. Kairi laughed and patted his soft brown hair. "That's enough for now. We should be heading home. We got school first thing in the morning. C'mon!!" Kairi repeatedly pulled on Sora's hoodie.

"Okay! Okay! Jeez, you're just like my mother." Sora whined and got up from the sand. He brushed the sand particles off his shorts. "Well, cya Sora!" Kairi hugged Sora and waved goodbye as she walked away.

Sora looked at the palm tree where Riku would always sit on. "Riku.. he must've gone home early." Sora sighed. He walked around the quiet town and headed for his house.

Once he got there, he went straight to his room and fell asleep.