~ 4 ~

Riku lay beside the wall of the roof, waiting for Sora to come. "He's still not here." Riku thought. Riku held his pencil over his journal. "I guess I'll just wait." And so Riku waited.

To keep him from boredom, he drew. A few minutes passed, no sign of Sora.   He heard the door open and looked up to see who it was. It was Kairi, who was looking for Riku. She looked around, until she finally noticed him and ran up to him.

Kairi sat besides him and peered down to his journal. He closed it as quick as possible. "Hey, are you drawing?" Kairi asked. "Huh..? O-Oh yeah. I'm not really good at it though." Riku blushed.

"Hm.. we'll see about that!" Kairi giggled and grabbed his journal. She looked through the pages slowly, her eyes widening as she looked through. She stopped at one specific drawing. "N-No! Stop looking at it!" Riku yelled, trying to grab the journal.

"Woah.. did you really draw this? It's.. really beautiful, Riku! You're really good at drawing!" Kairi smiled while pointing at a drawing of herself. "I look so pretty here!" Kairi giggled.

"Do you like it? You really think it's that good??" Riku asked. "Of course, your drawings are beautiful, Riku!!" Kairi smiled as she grabbed Riku's hands. Riku jumped at the slight touch, his face flushed in pink.

He tried ending the conversation by bringing up something else. "Have you seen Sora anywhere?" Riku asked.

"Hmm... No, I thought he was up here with you. That's why I came." Kairi answered. "You want me to go and look for him?" Kairi asked as she got up. "Ah.. if you want to. It's pretty normal for him to be late." Riku laughed.

"I'll go look for him. Catch you later, Riku." Kairi said and ran to the door. She stopped as soon as she got to the door and turned around. "Riku?" Kairi asked. Riku looked at Kairi with a puzzled expression. "Yeah?" He asked.

"Don't ever stop drawing. I want you to draw me again. So, you'll never forget me. Keep me in your heart forever, promise?" Kairi smiled as she tilted her head.

Riku was shocked. He didn't know what to say. "Kairi.. I-I promise." Riku stuttered. She nodded and opened the door.

Riku was lost in thought. He wanted to tell her. But there was something holding him back. What if that broke their promise? What if Kairi never spoken to him after what he had to tell her?

Tears fell down Riku's cheeks. His drawing was filled with tear drops. After he noticed, he put his journal to his side. And he curled himself into a ball.

He sobbed and sobbed, realizing how lonely he was.