Chapter 11: Jacob

"Yay, dinner! Come on, hurry up let's go!" My stomach growled in agreement with Glair. Tertle smiled at Pixie and I and we followed him down the corridor, it let out into another room, smaller than the main hall.

In the middle sat a large wooden table, Pokémon were seating themselves around it, talking loudly. Walking to the far end of the almost full table, I sat on the end with Pixie sitting between Glair and Tertle. Soon enough the Sunflora appeared serving plates of fruit salad, alongside it was a Vileplume, Bellossom and a Victreebel.

The food was delicious, and the company wasn't too bad either.

"Hey Pixie! Did you hear Jacob has a crush on me but the poor thing, I had to turn him down because my heart is saved for another, that Rotom is fine."

Okay company could be better. Tertle rolled his eyes and Pixie laughed.

She winked at me smirking.

"Yeah, that poor loser is probably gonna die alone."

I growled a response.

"Not before you do."

"Sorry, but I actually have a heart, and someone's stolen it already, but you'll never know who."

That last line was teasing, and it sounded like a challenge, I rolled my eyes all the while watching her. She wasn't eating her dinner any more, rather it sat half-finished. No, she was feasting on something else entirely now, I followed her gaze and spotted Arcanine sitting near the head of the table, I looked back at her as she released a happy sigh.

I don't know why I was surprised I mean, look at that thing! The power, the confidence, the fur. I looked at my own muddied and knotted fur, I'll bathe after dinner, until then though... A sly grin crept across my face.

"Gee, that Arcanine is good-looking."

Tertle and Glair looked at me, Glair looked confused, probably because of my 'crush' on her, Tertle looked like he couldn't care either way. Pixie just sighed again.

"Yeah."

Tertle and Glair now looked at her. Tertle chuckled, Glair and I laughed so hard Pixie came back to reality. She went bright red (redder than she already is?) as she realised what she'd said.

"Um, uh, I-I, I mean -she gave up- Fine yes, I have a crush on Archie, but can you blame me? He's hot!"

I deadpanned.

"He's a fire-type."

She huffed and puffed out her chest.

"I'm a fire-type too so by that logic you must think I'm hot!"

Now I went bright red, Glair laughed and Tertle chuckled again.

"She's got you there."

"Huh, I guess she does..."

The blush dulled, and I started laughing, Pixie joined in.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all. (Famous last words :D)