Epilogue:

Jacob woke slowly, he struggled to regain conscious. He was lying in a hospital bed, an IV drip was in his arm, it connected to a machine beside the bed. He sat up, holding his head trying to quell the pain which coursed through his brain. What had happened?

Pixie.

A single tear fell from his face.

He dropped his hands into his lap and he stared at them, he was back in the human world.

Footsteps. A nurse turned the corner and walked into the room, she stopped when she saw him awake. Her mouth opened and closed. She turned left and right in a panic calling; "Doctor! Doctor!"

More footsteps could be heard as a man walked the hospitals hallways. He appeared in the entrance to the room and was wearing a medical coat, he faced the nurse.

"Yes, what is it?"

She tried to speak but couldn't and, in the end, merely looked towards the exhausted hero. The doctor turned and saw Jacob awake. A broad smile broke across the doctor's face.

"He lives! What are you waiting for? Go call his mother!"

The nurse nodded and hurried away. The doctor shouted down the corridor before walking into the room.

"Somebody get this kid a sandwich! Or a burger or pizza, anything! Somebody just get this kid something to eat!"

*****

It had been three days since the war. The Shadow Crystal had been purified by the Tears and no longer possessed any threat. The Evolution Gem had also been cured of its dark sickness.

The world didn't go back to how it had been, it was better.

Pokémon returned to their senses and rejoiced. Most of them anyway, some had lost what never could be replaced, Simipour's family, a sorrowful troupe of monkeys returned home with heavy hearts. Adrie's Infernape was once again her best friend and partner. The girl had stopped to say goodbye briefly after the battle, with a final thank-you she had walked away and disappeared.

The trio who had made it possible, Glair, Tertle and Pixie, sat on Sharpedo bluff, watching the setting sun and nursing their broken hearts.

A purple vortex opened in front of them, they jumped. Out of it flew Palkia, the legendary being who controlled space.

Palkia landed behind the trio on the bluff and they turned to face him.

He spoke softly.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

Pixie shook her head sadly. "You brought Jacob here?"

He nodded. "I did."

"Why? Why bring him, why not fight yourselves? Why send him back?"

"I brought him because we needed a Hero, and indeed he was one. As for the reason I didn't fight, how do I put this? Well if I and other Legendaries like Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Yveltal and Zygarde joined the fight. You'd all be dead. Dialga didn't fight because he's too weak, oh and Arceus forbid if Kyogre and Groudon should have awakened and began fighting again. Those two siblings never did learn to get along."

Palkia eventually noticed the strange looks he was getting. He cleared his throat.

"Oh, right sorry. Jacob, I had to send him back, he's a human from a world without Pokémon, he doesn't belong here."

Pixie stepped forward. "Then I don't belong here either."

Palkia frowned, Glair nodded and Tertle smiled sadly.

Pixie looked Palkia in the eyes.

"Two halves make a whole and where one half is, there the other belongs. Please, let me go to him."

End