one

CHAPTER ONE!!

CHAPTER ONE!!

ZHI EN EYED the a, b, c, d, and f stickers backstage warily. 

"what are these for?" she asked the staff. 

"oh, you give yourself a ranking, and you stick it on the label we gave you! you can choose whichever ranking you want. it doesn't really matter because the mentors would be evaluating you anyways later on." one of them answered. 

the competition had barely started, but anna was already conflicted. she knew her worth as a singer and a dancer, however her inner turmoil stemmed from the fact that she never received the proper, rigorous training that the other trainees went through. 

"it's okay", she thought, "you have eight million subscribers for a reason. you can do it."

giving herself a confident nod, the kim girl reached for the A sticker and slapped it firmly on her label. zhi en prayed that the mentors will acknowledge her abilities and not bring her down a level -- it would certainly be embarrassing to do so in front of 100 other boys and a worldwide audience. 

zhi en faced the camera in front of her and waved. 

"jieqiong, if you see this, i know you're not supposed to be biased because i've known you for forever, but please don't degrade me! i'm kidding. i'll show you i'm worthy of the A grade! love you homie." 

now, she was ready to enter the studio. 

the mentor's sat together, gazing intently on the screen in front of them. multiple trainee profiles were being presented, and they were starting to get bored. 

when one particular profile was shown, jie qiong suddenly exclaimed, "OH MY GOD IT'S HER", while the rest of the mentors shouted, "NO WAY, A GIRL?"

the latter looked at jieqiong with raised eyebrows. 

yixing asked, "why? see someone you know?" 

jieqiong smiled and nodded, her eyes seemingly lighting up in happiness. 

"that's zhi en! her mother knew mine when they were younger, so we would visit each other quite often ever since we were children!" 

mc jin could only frown in confusion, "sorry who?" 

jieqiong playfully rolled her eyes. 

"oh my god, you guys are so uneducated. if you watch youtube regularly, she has quite a popular channel. you'll know her as anna kim." 

jackson gasped in realization, "you're kidding me, right?"

she shook her head, "why?"

"dude, i'm a dedicated fan. i've watched every single one of her videos. her brother, jae hyun is my bandmate."