3A. Audrey

Kaycee's first mistake was not wearing black that day. Or rather, forgetting to call to make sure that Sean followed the dress code. Because then the boy wore all black to Jojo's all white dress code dance class. Which, at the time, she didn't think was a big deal.

Kaycee's second mistake was pretending to be okay when Jojo paired Sean up with Audrey instead of her (you know, his actual, official partner). Again, she didn't think this was a big deal. Even when Jojo threw her an apologetic look, she waved her away with a laugh. Even when their friends starting making confused and panicked gestures at her, she shrugged it off.

Sean was allowed to dance with other people. As was she! It was dancing, not marriage. So she schooled her face into a neutral expression, and stubbornly ignored the acid that flowed through her veins everytime Sean looked and touched Audrey.

Kaycee's third mistake (and this was where things really went sideways) was watching the video online.

"Oh my god." Her breath hitched as she watched Sean throw his arm over Audrey's neck and held her backwards. She watched Sean train his eyes on Audrey like he was her demon, fully commiting to his character. She watched Sean transform into a raging storm that stalked Audrey across the dance floor. His soft boyish features transfigured into a wide dead-eyed Cheshire grin, one that would have probably haunted her if she wasn't absolutely seething at the moment.

She watched them again and again, never taking her eyes off of Sean. She watched him watch Audrey. Again. And again. Replay. Again.

Maybe she was slowly getting influenced by the song. With each replay, she felt herself getting crazier. Acid flowed through her veins, flooding her stomach, inflaming her throat, blinding her eyes, and finally, drowning her mind.

She was going to lose her mind.

No, she was going to lose Sean.

She was going to lose Sean.

I am going to lose Sean!

She didn't need to read the comments to affirm what she saw with her own eyes. Audrey was devastatingly amazing. She matched Sean's twisted genius with her fiery insanity. She had amazing facial expressions, and contorted herself in striking shapes. What slapped Kaycee the hardest was how in sync Audrey was with Sean. They had movements that synchronized and complemented each other. Like she was a puppet and he was her puppet master.

"That's supposed to be me. That's supposed to be only me." Kaycee thought. "I'm the one he's supposed to be in sync with. I'm the one who is supposed to get him."

But no. Evidently, Audrey gets him too. And if Audrey does, then what makes her so special? Why would Sean choose to stay with her now?

Kaycee could feel her breathing speed up until they were barely getting any oxygen at all. She was panicking. She couldn't unsee it.

Sean and Audrey. Audrey and Sean. See, even their names sound good together.

Kaycee pushed her laptop away, and paced her room. She put her hand over her heart in an attempt to pace her heartbeat with her deep breathing.

"Calm down, Kaycee, calm down. You're being crazy. Sean didn't even talk about Audrey after they left class. He's probably forgotten all about it." She tried to reason with herself, knowing full well that she wasn't believing her own pep talk.

Speak of the devil, her phone started buzzing with a Facetime call from Sean. Kaycee took one look at his cheeky contact photo filling her screen, and threw her phone across the room.

Okay, it was kind of a big deal now.

They had another workshop the next day, so she had to face Sean. She had this whole game plan on staying calm and being so damn amazing that she will forget about yesterday's insecurity overload.