4. "Party. At my house. Today. Come." Harper flushed.

Chapter Four: "Party. At my house. Today. Come." Harper flushed.

"Why is Harper Cain staring at you?"
whispered the girl sitting to the left of me, for what felt like, the hundredth time.

I groaned inwardly. "If it had not been for you, I wouldn't have known he was staring at me. And for the last time. I. Don't. Know." I gritted my teeth.

The redhead gave me a death glare and went back to texting on her phone in the middle of the class.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to check if she was right, like I have already done the past twenty times. I knew that he was looking at me, because I could somehow feel his intense stare at the back of my head.

Nonetheless, I gathered my courage and turned my head around. And there he was, in the last row, in the corner of the room still staring at me with a stony expression. I don't think he had looked at any other person in the class because every time I turned my head around to look at him, he had his eyes right on me.

I met his intimidating gaze for a few seconds, raised my left eyebrow and telepathically questioned him as to why he was being a creepy stalker and had been staring at me since the class started.

He just kept looking at me with the same stony expression, when finally his lips twitched upwards to reveal his trademark smirk which I absolutely hated.

I rolled my eyes and looked forward towards the teacher, who was going on and on about some quantum theory and looked as eager as the students to get out of the school.

And I swear, if one more person asks me why the hell is Harper Cain staring at me, I am going to go berserk. How the hell would I know why this idiot keeps staring at me?

Samantha and Natalie had a field day during lunch when Harper kept staring and staring and staring at our table, well specifically at me. I even had to change my goddamn seat so I wouldn't have to directly look at him.

I mean, what even happened to him? Did he wake up this morning on a single mission to stare me to death?! If that was his plan, then it was certainly  working.

He doesn't even blink. It's like he wants a staring contest all the damn time.

We shared three classes with each other and I could feel his stare at the back of my head every damn second. Doesn't the teacher even notice that he was not paying attention or do they have a personal vendetta against me, because every time I turned to look at him, the teacher always pointed it out.
And as a result, I am pretty sure, half the school must think that I have been eye balling him.

"Hey Zara?" a male voice spoke from behind.

"Yeah" I leaned back to hear a little more clearly.

"Why does Harper keeps staring at you?"

I sighed and plopped my head on the desk.

***

I packed my bags as soon as the class ended, eager to get home.

"Miss Hemming, stay after the class."
Mr. Roberts said.

Great.

I sat back down on my seat with a huff and waited for the class to empty, wishing I could get out early too.

When everyone got out, I stood up from my desk in the middle of the room and headed towards the teacher's desk where Mr. Roberts's desk was. Mr. Robert had a small smile on his face.

Okay, so that was good. At least, I was not in any trouble.

"Zara, I may not have taught you before but I have heard from all the teachers that you are a grade A student." His smiled in a really creepy way.