Chapter 2

Chapter 2       UNEDITED

I walked into school the next day still confused, about everything. No one seemed to answer any of my questions, and as usual, I was left in the dark.

Last night was strange, the most confused I've been in a very long time. Deer's don't just run straight down the middle of the road. When Stiles dropped me off back at my house last night I went straight to my room and tried to set my mind at ease, but it was no use. I found that last year there were 247,000 vehicle collisions involving deer, but that crossing the road. Last night the deer came straight down the middle of the road before hitting Lydia's car, and how many vehicle collisions had been recorded with the deer coming straight down the middle of the road? None.

I slowly spun the lock on my locker, entering the four numbers I memorised almost 3 years ago, and opened the door so I could drop off my books that I would not be needing until a later period.

"Okay, yeah, but still, doesn't he have his hands a little full?"

I heard Stiles' voice from across the hall, closing my locker door I turn to see him and, shock, Scott stood by one of the schools many notice boards, pointing at two posters of missing teens, both of which attend, well, attended our school. I swung my bag over my shoulder and started walking over to the two boys when the both peered around the corner wall before they darted down the hallway, great, looks like I'm starting the first day alone.

I made my way to my first class of the day, English, to find Scott and Stiles already there. Scott was in the middle row with Stiles sat to the right of him. When I first entered the classroom Stiles immediately looked my way and a cheeky smile blossomed on his face as he quickly picked up his bag from the desk to his left and pointed for me to sit down. Aw, he saved me a seat next to him. I smiled at his gesture and began making my way over when Lydia sat down in the chair, my smile immediately dropping and I shot Stiles a glare. He simply shrugged in response and I rolled my eyes as I headed to the back of the classroom so I could sit at the last available desk. Great.

I sat down in my chair, placing my books onto my desk, and began to root around my bag for a pen. Only moments after I pulled one out from the very bottom, and slung my bag over the back of the chair, everyone in the rooms phones began to chime, eagerly everyone scrambled to see what they all received, a back to school party invitation perhaps? I pulled out my own phone to have a look and was surprised with the literary passage I had been sent from an unknown number.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." A woman spoke while entering the room, and stopping in front of the chalk board to face the class. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

No one disobeyed the woman, well assuming our teacher, as they all switched off their phones and dropped them into their bags, and our new teacher instantly began to teach us all.

"Mr McCall?" Ms. Blake calls partway through the lesson, capturing everyone's attention, and Scott, without question, gets up and leaves the room, Ms. Blake following in tow. I glance towards Stiles to see if he knows anything but instead he's engaged in conversation with Lydia, to which she doesn't look overly thrilled about, her eyebrows risen in a sarcastic manner.

I roll my eyes, about to start writing again when I thud jumps the glass, a blood print and several feathers stuck to the window.

Ms. Blake walks towards the window slowly, and by now everyone is staring out of the wall long window.