Chapter 5

Chapter 5        UNEDITED

"Looking lonely there."

After Scott and Stiles ran out on me earlier I realised I'd have to spend my study period alone, which ended up with me sat at a desk in the Library, surrounded by notes and books as I worked on my biology paper. I look up from paper covered desk to see two boys smiling down at me, and these two boys just so happened to be the set of new twins that recently joined school.

"Uh yeah," I laughed a little, tucking a piece of hair that was in my face behind my ear, "I guess I am a bit. My friends rushed off claiming that they had something to do, so here I am, studying along." I gestured to my work pile in front of me as I spoke, and the two boys looked down at me sympathetically.

"Well they don't exactly sound like good friends. I'm Aiden and my brother here is Ethan, mind if we sit?" The boy, Aiden, spoke again.

"oh, yeah, yeah, sure, you can sit." I spoke hastily as I began to frantically scrape my paper and random notes into a semi-neat pile to clear some room for the twins to get work out if they wished. "My- uh- My names Danni." I stuttered out as they sat down at the desk. Did I mention how good-looking these twins are? No? Ah, okay, well the simple answer is very.

"So, Danni." Ethan began, leaning close to me over the table as he slowly pushed my laptop closed. "Who are your friends?"

"Your bad friends." Aiden cut in, and I felt my mouth frown slightly at his words.

"They're not bad friends." I quickly jumped to the rescue of Stiles and Scott, "They're just busy, you know? Don't always have time for me. Which I get, I mean It's fine. But yeah, they're names are Scott and Stiles."

"Scott and Stiles." Aiden said in an almost patronising tone, looking to his brother, who's tone seemed to match his own.

"They sound familiar, say Aiden, are they on the lacrosse team?"

"Ah, yes, that must be where we know them from." Ethan then place his hand on his brother's arm, and looked my way, a slight smirk on his face.

"Hey, Danni, aren't you Stiles' girlfriend?" I felt uncomfortable under the twin boys' gaze, their words and questions almost condescending making me feel as if I was being pushed into a corner, yet, I felt inclined to answer any questions they wanted.

"Ye-yeah, I'm Stiles' girlfriend."

"I see." Aiden spoke, smiling towards his brother. "So, Danni, where exactly are your friend and boyfriend."

"I'm not sure. Like I said, they ran off on me earlier." My voice growing quieter and quieter as I felt an ulterior motive behind the twins' curiosity that was much more than concern for myself. However, my answer didn't seem to do much to satisfy Aiden as his face seemed to turn hard and he leaned closer towards me.

"You're not, lying, to me, are you Danni?"

"No- no I swear, I-I really don't know." Ethan suddenly placed his hand on Aiden's arm and pulled him away from me, causing Aiden to glare his way.

"I don't think she... knows Aiden." Aiden stared at his brother until something seemed to click in his brain and the hard look on his face turned back into the smile that was there when he first approached me. The two boys then stood up from the desk and smiled down at me.

"Okay, thank you Danni, lovely speaking with you. Good luck with your Biology paper." Aiden spoke before he and his brother walked away and straight out of the library. I stared at my desk, confused. I opened my laptop back up when something clicked in my head.