Another One to Fall

✧ Chapter 7 ✧
[ Another One to Fall ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Hmph, what are you doing here you useless short skirt." Kokichi huffed, folding his arms as Tenko Chabashira raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted a break, of course." she rubbed her nose, "But I didn't expect a lowlife nobody like you to hang around here."

Kokichi rolled his eyes, "Seriously? Is that the best you can come up with you filthy-."

"Hey!" she glared at him, "I just came here for some rest and relaxation but instead I meet with a little goblin. Now move," she raised her arms, "Or I'll move you myself! Hiyah!"

She darted towards him, but he dodged, nearly making her run right into the pond. He saw her skid to a stop, turning to face him again.

The purple haired boy stared at her, unafraid. "Man, you're so dumb if you think I'm afraid of your little preschool karate chops. I own this world, short skirt."

Kokichi cracked his knuckles, glaring at Tenko, whose arms wavered slightly.

"Now you move," he said darkly, "Or I'll move you myself."

"U-Uh." she stepped back, "F-Fine, You degenerate male! Just leave me alone!" she quickly scampered off, leaving Kokichi behind.

He relaxed, dropping his hands. Of course, he was just pretending. Since he would never ever resort to violence. He had a strict rule against it, but no one knew that.

Kokichi glanced at the pond, seeing the light from the sunset reflect off the water. It was getting late.

Perhaps he should start heading back to the dorm room. And maybe see if Saihara was going to be at the roof garden as per usual.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Shuichi sighed, taking his loaf of strawberry-filled cream bread and sitting on a bench.

Here he was again with the cool breeze of the roof garden and the quiet chirping of the crickets around.

Luckily for him, there were no lights around which could alert Monokuma..

Shuichi stared up at the sky. Ever since Kaito was gone, he'd noticed that the constellations they had pointed out together had vanished along with him..

Truthfully, Kaito was the only one Shuichi could actually count on. He was a little strange at times, no question. Cheerful, hilarious and sometimes a little dense.

Especially when it came to other people.

Shuichi gave Kaito a lot of hints.. saying how much he liked spending time with him and how much he appreciated Kaito as a friend. But Momota didn't seem to get the message.

So Shuichi had let him go, in fact, he supported him and Maki together. Even though it was.. his fault. Shuichi came to that conclusion months ago.

If only he hadn't suggested to Kaito that they'd meet Maki at the dormitories, maybe the guy would still be around. It was all Shuichi's fault that he was gone..

Guilt tore at his heart as he placed an arm over his eyes, feeling the sleeve of the hoodie dampening with his tears.

He sighed. Maybe Shuichi should just fall in love and get taken away. To the Heartbreak Hospital and receive the Reverse Serum.

It was a complicated invention that the government had made. It was an injection a infected lovestruck had to take while in the hospital..

Rumour has it was that the doctors tortured their victims first by placing them in separate rooms from their lover.

With a glass partition in the middle and the two lovers separated, one of them was forced to watch the other receive the serum.

And the side effects were as disastrous as drugs were. Nausea, fever, dizzy spells and vomiting were just the mild effects. The real effect was actually feeling the memories from the victim's minds fading away.

Of course, after it was all over, if you survived, you were able to either live as a normal human again, but devoid of your past memories.

However, if you were somehow able to survive the effects of the serum, and still have memories, death, was the next step.

Millions of people had fallen at the hands of the disease. People from all over the world kneeled at the hands of the doctors who controlled the system.

Shuichi hated it all, but didn't have the courage to say what he thought.

The Monokumas were also made by the government, sent out to guard every school, building or facility.

Shuichi knew all this because of his history textbook, his lessons from Hope's Peak Academy. They taught him that love was a incurable disease.

Shuichi removed his hand away, feeling a drop of rain land on in cheek. Then another and another as it started to drizzle.

He sighed, getting off the bench and quickly making his way to the shelter of the building. He held a hand up to shield his eyes from the rain, which was getting heavier by the second.

Suddenly, his foot slipped out from beneath him, and a burst of white hot pain shot up his leg.

Shuichi gasped, his hand clenching. How could he be so careless.? Crap, and he was in the direct path of a camera..

First he failed to save his parents. Then Kaito. What else was he going to fail at?! Shuichi collapsed onto the wet ground, his vision clouded and his face burning. What else was he going to fail at?!

...

He moved a little when he realised that it had stopped raining. Wait..

Shuichi raised his head, looking up to see a figure standing in front of him. He knew that hair, the white, smooth and gelled style.

Keebo held the umbrella over Shuichi's body and also stretched out a hand. "Quickly.. before Monokuma finds us."

Shuichi didn't hesitate and took the boy's hand. With Keebo's help, he managed to stand, but his legs were shaking and were unable to support his weight.

"Looks like I'll have to bring you to my room, it's closest. And besides, I have some special medical items I can use." Keebo smiled, "Just bear with the pain a little more Saihara. I'll bring you to safety."

Shuichi winced, "I can barely walk, Keebo.. I cant- whoa!"

Keebo easily swept Shuichi off his feet, bridal-style, and carried him off. "Haven't you been eating? You're as light as a feather!"

Shuichi blushed, embarrassed. "Because.. because of Kaito.. I haven't been feeling very well after he.." Shuichi saw Keebo blink the rainwater out of his eyes. The blue haired boy didn't know why that small gesture made him seem cute.

The other boy didn't hesitate and he nodded understandingly. "I know, Saihara.. I'm sorry about Kaito-."

"Don't make it sound like he's dead," Shuichi interrupted him, a little annoyed, "I know he's not."

There was a sudden tense silence between the two. Except for the sounds of the rainwater dripping off their clothes and the heavy footsteps from Keebo, everything was quiet.

After awhile, Keebo sighed, "Alright. Well, we're almost there, just hold tight.."

However, a sudden thought made Shuichi look at him, "Hey, it's.. past curfew isn't it? Why are you out here?"

"Oh," Keebo avoided his eyes, "Just... taking a walk-."

"Jeez Keeboy," a new voice, one Shuichi knew too well, suddenly announced, "You're a terrible liar."

Kokichi Ouma stood at the door of a dorm room, holding a key card with a small frown on his face.

♥ End of Chapter Seven ♥