eyeliner

song: friends with feelings - alice skye

joe had pulled up at ben's house, and ben was incredibly confused.

'may i come inside?' joe asked, blinking through his dark lashes.

'course.' he got out of the car, meeting joe out the front. joe came out with a wink, and grabbed the taller boys hand and pulled him up the stairs. they got lost in each others eyes, completely.

'you gonna open the door?' joe teased. still lost in joe's eyes, ben fumbled for his keys, dropping them, getting laughed at and opening the door. joe was led into ben's room.

'why are we here, joe?' ben questioned, still unsure as to why he had agreed to let joe into his room, i mean, there were tissues on the floor... he probably should've thrown those away, shit.

'i'm taking you out sweetheart.' joe said, as if it were obvious, but it wasn't.

'okay cool, where?'

'somewhere i can guarantee you've never taken your pretty face to.' joe tapped ben's nose and pinched his cheek. for the third time in three minutes, they were lost in each others eyes. for the first time, ben saw the world. he saw the world in joe's eyes. every star, every moon in joe's eyes. he saw the future, he saw what he wanted and what he wanted was joe.

'i think you have to be the most beautiful boy i've ever seen.' joe told ben, never breaking eye contact.

'i think you have to be the only boy i've ever seen.' ben said randomly. what did that even mean. joe broke down in laughter.

'you make zero sense.' joe still teasing the boy. 'show me where your makeup is.'

'my makeup?'

'yes your makeup, i know you have some. too innocent not to.'

'i- i don't.' joe cut him off with a knowing glare and ben sighed, giving up. he walked over to his closet and reaching up to the top shelf, joe catching a glimpse at ben's hips, with his jumper riding up. ben pulled down a small box and joe had a playful grin painted across his lips. ben walked slowly up to joe with the box held between his soft hands, handing it over to the shorter boy, showing somewhat a feeling of embarrassment.

'i knew it.' joe grinned, rummaging through the box. lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner, the usual. then he found a pink and yellow striped tie, which he was confused by, so he disregarded that.

'sit.' joe demanded, pointing at the bed. so there ben sat, scared to say the least. he had been completely exposed by the boy he admired. he'd always just thought of wearing makeup as a private thing, nothing abnormal. joe walked up to ben, kneeling down in front of him with the eyeliner in his hand, a fair distance away from each other. joe brought the eyeliner up to ben's eyes and-

'too far away.' ben quickly spoke, almost inaudible.

'sorry?'

'you're too far away.' he replied with more confidence.

'so i gotta like..' joe put his hands on the bed, either side of ben, lifting his body up to straddle the more muscular boy. ben's breaths became quicker and more strained, as he was trying to hide it.

'yeah you gotta, mmm.' he hummed as joe lowered himself over ben. joe chuckled quietly, knowing his effect on the boy, enjoying it. he placed his hand slowly, gently, carefully onto ben's cheek.

'close your eyes.' and ben followed. feeling joe carefully draw on his lash line. and feeling himself growing underneath joe's weight. and joe could feel it too, again, enjoying himself.

'open.'

and ben did.

and he looked different. just as beautiful as before. but different.

'how do i look?'

'baby.'

ben blushed. he loved it.

'baby, you're beautiful.'

'joe i'm no-'

and he stopped. he stopped because joe was leaning in, straddling him and leaning in. and ben found himself leaning in. and the lust he was feeling, and the love he was being given, made him feel beautiful, like joe had told him he was. and then it happened. what they had both been missing. their lips touched, more than the night before. joe dropping the eyeliner, and ben wrapping his arms around joe's waist, joe snaking his arms around ben's neck. their lips moved with passion and no control. joe sucked on ben's bottom lip and ben opened his mouth hesitantly, slipping his tongue inside joe's mouth. it was magic, magic neither of them had felt with anyone else. their tongues tangled in bliss and pleasure, and that it truly was. joe moaned into ben's mouth, which made him go insane. but he didn't want to scare him off. they mutually pulled away, resting their foreheads together, breathing heavily.

'joe?'

'ben.'

'what were you planning on telling me tonight?'

'oh that?' he spoke with a tone of sarcasm, chuckling.

'yes that.'

'we both know baby.' their faces still pressed together, and joe gripped ben's face.

'i know.' and joe hummed in response,

'tell me.' ben whispered. and joe became wild.

'say it again, angel.'

'tell me. tellmetellmetellme.' ben whispered against joe's lips.

'you're everything i need.' joe confessed.

'you're everything i want.' ben confessed.

'ben.'

'angel.' ben was surprised by his use of the word, joe liked it.

'baby.'

'joe.'

there was a scale of desperation in their voices, they did need each other.

'how did this happen joe?'

'i was lucky enough to be assigned to you yesterday.'

'yesterday.' ben chuckled in disbelief. he felt like he'd known him forever. he felt like he'd needed him forever. he felt like he'd had him forever.

'but tonight i'm doing what i promised, we're going out.'

'is this why you put eyeliner on me?' ben guessed, amused.

'exactly. you ever been clubbing?'

'n-no, not really.'

'let's change that.'

'okay.'

'i'll be back at eight, beautiful.'

'okay.'

'dress up.'

'will do.'

'and keep that eyeliner on, you look sexy.'

'only if you wear it.'

'deal.'

ben leaned in again, and captured the fragile boy, sitting in his lap, in a kiss. a beautiful, magical, insane kiss. but it was 4 o'clock. and they both needed time to get ready. so joe ended it with a quick peck, slowly getting off ben's lap and acknowledging ben's tented jeans.

'don't be embarrassed, baby. see you.' ben nodded, but he was still embarrassed. until he saw joe's jeans, then he didn't feel so left out. joe walked to ben's door and went to open it.

'joe?'

joe turned around to see ben staring up at him, in awe.

'you're pretty.'

joe laughed, winked and left. while ben felt the loss of his other, and was left to sort out his little problem. well, big problem.