III. b e s t f r i e n d

"and we're here in L.A. my hometown." joshua laughs at the camera that vernon was holding, for going seventeen.

"hyung! i'm hungry," dino mutters, and some join in agreement. "you know all the great places right?" dk asks as he was searching on his phone for food places.

"there's like an all american cafe that i used to go all the time, you guys down for that?" Joshua asks as he remembers the memories that he had there, with his  friends.

"there's food, so let's goooo!" woozi exclaims as he was being grumpy because he was tired and hungry.
---
as they entered the aesthetic cafe, they sat down and began to scan the menu, "this cafe, is so aesthetic? like how?" the8 laughs as he took pictures of the place.
---
"this is L.A. and i ate, eat, eating?" mingyu shakes his head, and cringes at the camera, and continued eating his sandwich.

"dino!" wonwoo says to catch dino's attention to the camera, as he was filming a small montage.

the thirteen boys were enjoying their free time in a small, aesthetic, and refreshing cafe as there were a few customers — two tables with two people.

as they all were busy enjoying their orders, having a conversation, or/and scrolling through their phones, vernon found himself zoning out, enjoying the peaceful environment.

although it was interrupted by the little bell above the door. he gazed at the door, eyes widening at what he saw, you.

he eventually got his senses back, and enjoyed his time with his best
friends — bro's —.

he tried his hardest not to gaze at you and your friend's table, but joshua then noticed that he kept looking into your direction. joshua tried his best to see what got him distracted, slyly.

joshua's eyes widened, and mouth dropped open as soon as he realized that it was you, his childhood friend and neighbor, but he still couldn't believe that it was you.

"no way that's her." joshua whispers to himself, but vernon heard, making him raise an eyebrow at joshua.

joshua stood up from his seat amd started to approach your table, making vernon confused.

"y/n?" joshua slowly walks over to your table, hoping that it was you, so that he wouldn't be embarrassed.

"josh? woah, hi!" you smiled, not expecting to see him in the cafe. "y/f/n, this is joshua, joshua this is y/f/n." you introduce them to one another. and notice that y/f/n was blushing a bit, and joshua was becoming shy too. you smirk and reminded yourself to tease y/f/n about it later.

"how have you been?" you question while smiling at him. "oh i'm great! can i introduce you to my members?" he asks hoping that you'd be fine with it. "sure, why not?" you laugh nervously, and give y/f/n a look that says: come with me.

as you approached seventeen's table, their conversations were stopped, noticing that joshua came back to the table with girls — you and y/f/n.

"guys, this is y/n," you smile and give them a small wave. "and y/f/n, y/n's friend."

"ahh, she's y/n? your childhood friend?" s.coups curiously asks smiling at you. joshua nods in response. "have a seat!"

"so, are there any embarrassing stories that he has?" jeonghan teases, "oh, there are tons. get ready." y/n laughs.
---
as y/n and the other members laugh along, vernon was distracted by her once again, although he was still grinning.

"you like her?" joshua teases him, bumping his shoulder. vernon furrows his eyebrows pretending that he didn't understand what joshua had said. joshua sighs, he knows that vernon does like you.

joshua looked around the table, looking for a piece of paper, or anything he can write on. he grabbed the stray (kids) piece of tissue, and grabbed a pen that was on the small pen holder by their table. "that's her number, your welcome." joshua slips the tissue into vernon's hand smirking. vernon gave him a small smile, while his cheeks had a tint of red.
---
"y/n we gotta go." y/f/n reminds. "oh, right. it was nice to meet you guys, we hope to see you again when you're back in L.A." you smile at them and give joshua a warm hug.

before you got out of the cafe, joshua grabs your arm, "i saw you glancing at vernon," joshua raises his eyebrows, which makes you laugh in embarrassment. "don't worry, i gave him your number."
"thanks?" you laugh.

"bye guys, bye vernon!" you quickly wave as you went out of the cafe, to see y/f/n smirking at you, and you just shake your head shyly.

vernon's eyes widened as he heard you say that, and the members turned their heads to vernon.

"does y/n like you?" dino asks grinning at vernon. "yup." joshua answers, and ruffled vernon's hair teasingly. "do you like y/n?" asked by mingyu who had a smile on his face. "yup," joshua answers once more. "and my job here is done." joshua smiles as he layed back against his chair and finished the rest of his drink.

"ah vernon's blushing, that's so cute!" hoshi exclaims, pinching vernon's cheeks.