• The Truth Under Wraps •

"Aditya...? Aditya, where are you? Aditya!!!..."

I felt bit of anxiety since I couldn't see my husband around the living room where we were talking to each other about half an hour ago. It was past 8.30 pm & I had gone to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the both of us. It was Potato pancakes with syrup tonight because Aditya always gorged on and loved pancakes which are made by me.

After we moved to USA 5 months ago Aditya continued his passion & his profession as a Pilot. He was on a huge break from flying and as I had a thought in my mind, I pursued him to kick start his carrier as a Pilot again. But he didn't take more than four to six trips per month as he used to before we met each other. He said that he wanted to spend his time with me more than flying away from me. I couldn't refuse him. I wanted the same too.

Though my Father-in-law Mr. Harshwardhan Hooda wanted both his sons to study law as he owned his own law firm and see his sons follow their father, it was only Arjun my brother-in-law who fulfilled his dream. Aditya always wanted to fly, to chase heights. His dream was to travel & have an experience of a lifetime. My Mother-in-law Anjana Hooda always wanted the best for her elder son who was the apple of her eye. She knew she won't be able to see Aditya everyday in front of her if he gives his Pilot examination & passes it but she supported him in choosing his carrier.

As I was roaming across the house looking for Aditya, I immediately spotted something unusual near the main door. I broke my stride & when I looked far, I could see Aditya was seated at the window sill near the entrance to our house. We had two window sills on either sides of the main door walking bit ahead of it, which I often found comfortable sitting with a hot cup of coffee and a good book when Aditya used to travel and I was alone at home.

Aditya wanted me to work but I didn't have any real experience working except the time when both of us worked for Zosh as Event organizers, which is now handled by my younger sister Noor who is married to Aditya's brother. I felt awkward at the idea of doing a profession mainly because we were in an unknown country. Aditya tried convincing me at least to apply for a course under business management which I could do online since I would be staying at home for days without him but I refused straightaway because it wasn't in my plans nor had I dreamed of doing a job if we move from India.

My mind was cooking up a plan seeing Aditya facing backwards to me. I tiptoed without making any noise to scare him off while holding the plate of pancakes which both of us were going to share. As I walked near him I could see his hands folded across his chest & his head was slightly aligned to the left. I decided to face Aditya to make him startled only to find him sleeping with his square-shaped reading glasses on. A book of mine 'A Bend In The Road' which I was currently reading was lying on his lap. No wonder he didn't hear my voice & why would he? It was heavily pouring outside & Aditya was having a nap, enjoying the cold weather in the month of December.

I placed the plate of pancakes on the other side of the window sill & sat in front of Aditya folding my legs. He was sleeping with his mouth slightly open which I found adorable and which made me chuckle a bit. But what I loved was his spectacles. He didn't necessarily want them but I asked him to have a pair since I had one. For me it is easy to read with glasses. But what I hid from Aditya is that I wanted him to wear spectacles honestly because I knew he would look hot in them & I guess I was correct! He indeed looked like a million bucks. To top it my husband was wearing an all-white kurta with a stripes design on it. I slowly held Aditya's chin and closed his mouth.

Though I adored seeing him sleep like this, he needs to have his dinner too. I moved near him & pat on his left shoulder.

"Aditya? Aditya, wake up. I brought dinner, your favourite Potato Pancakes with syrup!"