• The Destined Souls •

I shouldn't have placed Pooja's letter inside my book or else Aditya wouldn't have come across it. It's my fault. Now that the secret is out in the open, I decided to speak about the same with Aditya once and for all.

"Adi..."

Aditya sighed when I started talking and stood up. I was staring at him blankly. Did he hear me trying to start a conversation or is he disturbed with the letter. I couldn't comprehend. His words were ringing inside my head reminding me that he is hurt.

"I'm more confused than ever & it's not your fault. You were fulfilling your promise & here, like an idiot I can't decide what I'm supposed to think of"

Now that we've let go of our bitter past, why worry about it? Why is Aditya feeling so confused? My mind was clouded with questions. I can't leave him alone if he's hurt.

That's when Aditya slowly walked towards the window sill on the opposite side and sat with the letter in his hands. He was still staring at it and I was looking at him, expecting him to ask me to come and sit next to him. Why did he walk away from me suddenly? Aditya stared at me with numb expressions and started speaking softly.

"Zoya, she has never felt that I reciprocated her love the way she expected me to. Where did I go wrong? Did Pooja and Yash do us a favor as Pooja has written by freeing the both of us from a loveless marriage? Was Maa-In-Law correct that day when she said that Pooja had to look after me because I wasn't ready to grow up? I felt special that I found my wife in my best friend but we both know Zo that we weren't meant to be with our ex'es! Perhaps everyone around me is trying to tell me that I'm unable to love someone the way they deserve to be loved. I don't know what true love is Zo! I'm... I'm feeling denied of anyone's love! What I understand as love is just concern and care, isn't it? Tell me Zo... Isn't that it?"

Aditya's soul was crushed yet again and his voice sounded broken. Why can't Pooja let him be happy at least once? She had to put the entire blame on my husband for starting an extramarital affair because she didn't receive enough love from him and she planned to divorce him and marry my ex! Why can't Pooja understand that her cheating Aditya with my husband is the biggest sin committed by her? That's when I wished if Pooja was alive today I would've told her straightaway to get out of my husband's memory by hook or crook.

I feel protective towards Aditya. He might have a strong personality but at heart, he is emotional. Going through a troubled childhood where his parents were almost on the verge of a divorce, he depended on Pooja for support. That's why he married her because she was always there for him. Her diary broke him in to pieces but the letter reaching his hands has made him question his existence again.

If Aditya underestimates himself just because of this stupid letter that Pooja has written to the future love of Aditya's life, I wouldn't tolerate it. Not at the stake of my Aditya getting his heart broken again. He deserves love and I'm here to make him understand that things always happen for the better, according to our fate and according to karma.

That's why I got up from the sill and strolled towards Aditya. He was staring at my face, tears rushing to his eyes slowly.

"Tell me Zo, give me an answer. I don't know how to love someone the same way they love me right?"

I clasped Aditya's cheeks slowly with both my hands and knelt down before him. He placed Pooja's letter on a side on the sill and touched my hands, seeking answers inside my hazel orbs which he was ogling at, like an innocent child. No, he needs to cope up and stand strong instead of feeling vulnerable. I have to do this.

"Aditya, why are you underestimating yourself? It's surprising to hear you say on one hand that you know Pooja and you were better off as friends and you both weren't meant for each other and on the other hand you're questioning yourself whether you can love another, the exact way they nurture you with love? Of course Aditya, both of us were in wrong relationships thinking that our marriages were perfect but we forgot that nothing is perfect in this world and that doesn't mean you conclude yourself as unworthy of love! The way one person loves another isn't the same. What's wrong with you?"