3

song-boys like you-who is fancy

~samantha's perspective~

i woke up the next day with a pounding headache. david walked into my room as soon as i woke up

"take the advil" he smiled as i put the pills in my mouth and swallowed them with water.

"we're all going out for lunch, are you coming?" he asked

"i guess" i shrugged

i decided i wanted david to notice me as more than just some girl he's friends with, so i put on my best outfit.

i put my hair in a half up-half down style and put on some suede boots. i stepped out of my bedroom and saw david staring at me

"who knew a hungover girl could dress so well!" he laughed

"i still have a headache shut up" i said as i walked in front of him.

david, natalie, alex, and i all began walking while corinna, kristen, scotty, todd, liza, zane, heath, matt, and ari followed behind.

"so, alex, what's been going on with you?"

"not much, i helped todd get that girl away from him last night. nothing really with me." alex chuckled

"guys, should i ask olivia to come?"

"sure" david shrugged as i kept talking to alex while texting olivia.

"how are all of your classes? do you miss having all of them with me like last year?"

"yeah, but we still have photography and calculus" he smiled

alex was kinda cute, but i just never saw myself with him like i did with david. alex and i were close, but david and i were closer.

david pulled out a juul, and began using it. i had never like vaping, but if it made david happy, i would be willing to try it. i pulled out mine, which i don't even know why i carried it, and took a deep inhale, blowing it out of my nostrils.

i stood in between david and alex, humming along to the music in my earbuds (yes with wires i have to pay student loans)

"sammy shut up" alex laughed as i realized i was humming really loudly.

i decided to try and get david's attention. i mean, i might as well take a chance.

i ran in front of david with my arms out, screaming "trust fall!" and i fell backwards.

david caught me, and held me there for a second, laughing at how idiotic i was being.

"my turn!" david yelled as he fell into my arms, but i wasn't strong enough to hold him, so we both fell on the sidewalk. by then everyone was laughing as david and i stood up.

my hair stuck to my lipgloss as i pulled it off, noticing david staring at my lips.

i looked at him and smiled, hoping he would kiss me then and there.

but instead, he turned back to walking, as we were almost to the restaurant.

we all walked in, knowing we would have to get separate tables. alex, david, natalie, corinna, zane, and i all sat at one table and left a space for olivia, while liza, kristen, scotty, todd, heath, matt, and ari sat at another. we sat at two tables next to each other, so nobody was complaining.

fun fact: samantha met alex online when she was 17. she brought david with her to meet him, where they became friends, bringing him back to chicago with them.

when i say next to david, he didn't ask me to move, so i just stayed there.

olivia showed up shortly after, sitting down between zane and i.

last night at the party, i told olivia what was going on, and she was the only one who knew.

she looked at me with bug eyes, then at david.

i smiled, mouthing "shut up!" to her.

david looked at olivia, then at me, confused as to what was happening.

i blew him a kiss, then winking at him. he smiled and then went back to talking with alex and natalie. corinna and zane were conversing as i began whispering to olivia.

"what the fuck are you doing?" i whispered as she laughed.

"he did nothing about it!" she smiled.

"just, stop please" i begged as she rolled her eyes and nodded.

she was right, david did absolutely nothing about my flirting. maybe deep down inside, he wanted it to happen too?