iii.

chapter 3(THERE'S NO TURNING BACK)

chapter 3
THERE'S NO TURNING BACK

CHARACTER SELECTION; kang eunji
POSITION; the illegitimate child

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

thunder crashes outside of the bar as silence filled the air, no one being able to respond the request eunji asked for. the air fills with the sound of rain hitting the ground, but it was only heard due to the fact no music was playing and there was no crowd.

"why us?" chan speaks up, tilting his head at eunji as she plays with a rag on the bar.

with a light shrug, eunji tosses the rug aside and looks up at chan with a smile, "i trust you guys."

"you don't know half of us," seungmin comments, making an observation all the boys had.

eunji nods, understanding why they were skeptical about her motives, "i trust you guys because you guys are really close, you know? your friendship in this fucked up business world amazes me because people typically always have ulterior motives. but you guys? no, you just want to live your life and stay together."

silence falls among the group, not knowing how to respond or if they actually wanted to help eunji. as she said, everyone always have ulterior motives, and people tend to always want to exploit all of them in some way. they could only rely on each other, there was no one else they truly trusted, they barely trusted some of their own family at times.

"tell us why you want us to help," chan speaks up, wanting to know if eunji was playing games or not.

"as i said, i am the illegitimate child of the kang family," eunji wastes no time to explain to the boys why she wanted their help. "i was sent off to live on my own in order to not embarrass the family name, but recently my father gained interests in me and my assets. also daniel, my half brother, and his mother feel uneasy about the my situation and they think it's better if i come into the family instead of hiding off."

"well they can't just announce you're their child, well illegitimate child, that they've been hiding, it'll be bad for business." hyunjin looks over to eunji, thinking for her family and his own family company.

eunji nods, "yeah, so they aren't going to announce me as part of their family. but they want me to get a proper job that will have me involved in the business world, since they don't know i run this place, and i'll have to get into their company affairs. so i won't have as much time for this place."

"so you think we do?" minho takes a deep breath, "look, i understand you're in a bad situation, but you can't expect us to help you when he are heirs to our own companies."