14

AN: Not cute stuff.

---------------

I had to admit that it surprised me when Roger really was calling every day and sometimes multiple times a day. I know that he said he would, but I know how touring works. They were all so busy. Every time Roger called, he was telling me how busy they all were.

"We're practically them, y'know." Emily said whilst the three of us girls sat around on my couch, playing Scrabble.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and Emily gestured to the game board in front of us.

"I hate this dumb game." she grumbled.

"That's just because you never win, darling." Mary smirked and Emily whacked her on the leg.

"I'm just glad that this tour is almost over. Three weeks has felt like three months. I don't care what you say." Emily responded. "I'm sure Amelia agrees with me." she turned to me, expecting me to take her side, but I just shrugged. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were only a few more days of them being on the road and Roger had stayed very loyal to calling me as he said he would. It was good to have a little time apart from each other because I knew that there was going to be another tour. And if things went according to plan, there'd be another and another.

"You know, the show tomorrow is right around here. We should all go and surprise them for the last night of tour. It's just in town."

"That's the biggest show of the tour. It's all sold out." Emily said.

"Well, yeah. That's why I got us tickets." Mary smiled proudly whilst holding the three tickets in front of us.

"How'd you get them?"

"It helps when you're shagging the lead singer." she said.

"Shut up!" I laughed, smacking her on the arm.

"Is that what you call being engaged now?" Emily asked, rolling her eyes.

"Perks are perks." Mary giggled to herself.

Despite the fact that I felt secure enough to not whine about this tour every day of every week, I felt nervous as I got dressed for the show that night. It'd been three whole weeks since I had seen Roger. Sure, we'd talked on the phone but what if he saw me and remembered what I looked like and then he suddenly changed his mind about me? I'm sure he had met hundreds of beautiful girls over the course of these three weeks. I could hardly blame him if he were to abandon me. As such was the life of a rock star. Maybe that's the reason I still felt scared despite the fact that he had told me he loved me. "Something on your mind?" Mary asked. She was sitting on my bed while I was trying to pick out an outfit.

"Nothing looks good on me." I moped, throwing a striped pair of trousers back into the wardrobe. This wasn't all that I wanted to say, but I also didn't want her to think that I was being dramatic.

"Why don't you wear your yellow ones? They look great on you." she suggested.

"I wear those all the time."

"I hope you're not worried about what Roger's going to think of you." she said, running a brush through her long blonde hair.

"Wow, how'd you guess?"

"I know you better than you think." she smiled and then stood from the bed to wrap her arms around me comfortingly. "You already know that he loves you. He doesn't care what you wear. You could wear nothing and he'd still think of you all the same." she said. I snapped my head in her direction and rolled my eyes. "Sorry, maybe I worded that wrong."