Chapter 2

"You couldn't capture one girl?! I specifically told you that if you couldnLt kill her, capture her!" Fury practically screamed at the three Avengers,who were in line, in front of him, eyes downcast like naughty children being told off. Tony's head snapped up. "You also specifically told us that she was a threat and would not hesitate to kill us if she had the chance! She had plenty of chances!"He said with attitude. "You know what she did when Widow tried to shoot her? She disabled my suit and ran away! She didn't try to hurt any of us!" Steve agreed immediately. "She even told us that she didn't want to harm us, but that she would defend herself." Fury glared at him with his one good eye, and Steve felt two inches tall. "....sir." He added quietly. Tony scoffed and rolled his eyes at him. "Why did you lie to us?" He asked bluntly.

Tony Stark had always been one to just get to the point, even if it made others agitated and uncomfortable....especially if it made others agitated and uncomfortable. Fury was angry and didn't feel oblidged to divulge anything, so he simply dismissed them.Stark was about to protest, but one look from Natasha shut him up. Coulson moved to stand next to Fury. "So...what now? We found the girl by chance the first time, and I would bet money that she wont make the same mistake twice." The Director grunted in response. After a few moments of thought, Fury cracked one of his rare smiles amd turned to Phil. "Ready a jet. We're going to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters."

~Time Skip~

"Welcome Avengers, Director. Welcome to my School." Charles said with a warm smile and a strong British accent. "X-men, meet the Avengers." Storm walked up to Steve and shook his hand. "Captain Rogers, it's a pleasure to meet you." He cheeks turned a brilliant shade of pink. "M'am." He mumbled awkwardly. Tony snickered, covering up by pretending to cough. Storm already didn't like him, he practically radiated arrogance and self-importance. He smiled a charming smile to her. She nodded her head at him. "Mr Stark." She barely acknowledged. Now he was pink. A mysterious man loomed in the far corner of the room, shrouded in shadows, silently observing the encounter. He had no wish to get aquainted with these people. "Wolverine, come and say hello." Xavier ordered, his tone calm but firm. Logan sighed and stepped into the light. Tony snorted. "Wolverine? What do you do, growl at people?" He'd had enough of this guy. He grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the floor. Slowly extending his gleaming adamantium claws, Logan smirked at Tony's frightened face. "Does it look like my power is growling." None of the X-men or Charles seemed to be fazed by this, but the avengers were. Natasha whipped a gun out and aimed at Logan's head. "No point. Not even a bullet to the head could kill him" Storm said in a bored tone. "Logan, put the nice man down please." Charles asked quietly. He grunted bad temperedly, retracting his claws and dropping Tony. The second he was on his feet, Steve whacked him in the back of the head, hard.

They continued with introductions. "I'm Kurt." Said a quiet German accent. They all looked up to see Nightcrawler (A/N That's Kurts hero name) high in the rafters. He waved with his tail. "I'm Bobby, Ice man if you like." He waved is fingers, causing delicate snowflakes to fall from them. "He is a Frost Giant!" Thor yelled, raising his hammer. "Clam yourself Thor. Power over ice is his mutation." Thor looked apologetic. "Forgive me, man of ice." Bobby grinned and formed a mini Mjolnir out of ice. "No problem." A young girl with a white streak in her hair spoke up. "I'm Rogue." She said with a slight southern accent. Steve stuck his hand out to shake. "Nice to meet you." When she recoiled, he looked slightly hurt. "Oh no, don't take it personally! When people touch my skin, bad things happen to them." He nodded in understanding, thinkng how horrible that must be. "Formalities aside, we need your help." Fury stated, all buisness. There is a girl, she is extremely dangerous and we'd like your help locating her and maybe even subduing her." Charles rose an eyebrow. "You think she's a mutant." It was a statement, not a question. Fury nodded. "We will assist you if you wish, but no harm will come to her." He nodded again, knowing full well that he was lying through his teeth. Charles and Director Fury had come to an agreement long ago that Xavier was not to read his mind because it was full of government classified infromation. "You have my word." Of course, one wonders, What is the worth of the word of a spy?