Chapter 3

Emerald eyes watched with blatant curiosity as two men in Shield uniform, dragged in a young woman. He grew enraged as they roughly threw her onto the floor of the glass cage. "Freak." one of them muttered before they both left. The strager studied Lila in her unconcious state. He noted her shining silver hair, with elegantly intwined strings of silver pearls, sparkling away. That's when he oticed something strange on her back. It looked somewhat like a shimmering silver cloak. He resisted the strong urge to go over and see exactly what it was. Studying her further, he noticed small cuts and bruises all over the exposed skin. He growled; they had hurt her. He had no idea why the thought angered him as it did. He had merely moments before encountered this strange and yet compelling girl, and already he felt....protective. To him, it was a most unusual feeling. As a child, he was small and weak; unable to even protect himself let alone others. He refocused o her and what he saw, had him doing a double-take. Right before his eyes, every cut, bruise and injury, healed until there was no trace of them ever being there. He jumped at a sudden movement from the unconcious girl; she was having a nightmare.

~Nightmare/memory~

"Lila, can you come down stairs please? There's some nice men here to see you!" Her mother called up to her. "Coming!" She shouted. Lila put down her blocks and slipped on her fuzzy bunny slippers, completely unaware of the danger downstairs.There, standing in the door was two large men in long white coats. Lila looked up at them with innocent eyes and childlike facination. "Lila honey, would you please spread your....wings for these nice men?" Her mother spoke with a sickly sweet voice and a hint of disgust at the word wings. Lila saw nothing wrong with them so she did as she was asked, spreading her glittering scaled wings to their full length, beaming with pride. Her brother had always told her they were beautiful gifts and that he would give anything to be able to fly like her.

"Magnificent!"  One of the men turned to Lila's mother, Loraine. "How much?" Lila was confused. How much what? She thought to herself. Venus answered.

Lila, I do not trust these men.

What does mummy mean? How much what?

I don't know, but something feels wrong.

What do I do Venus?

When I say, run up the stairs and out the open hallway window on the left, and fly away as fast as you can.

But why Venus?

I have a feeling that these men are bad and want to hurt us.

Ok Venus, I trust you.

Good girl.

"Well, she is one of a kind so I'm thinking a big sum with lots of zeros." Loraine said greedily. "Money is no object Mrs Rosanna."

Now Lila, go!

Lila pivoted on her feet and fan as fast as she could up the stairs. Both she and Venus failed to notice the large bag one of the men was carrying. Out of it he pulled a net. Just as her feet hit the top step and freedom could be seen throught the glare of the sunlight through the open window, a net fell over her head and wrapped around her small frame and  dragged her down the stairs. She struggled voilently as they carried her out of the door. "Mummy, help!" She pleaded, too young and innocent to realised what her mother had done. "Why would I? You're a freak and a monster, no-one wants you." Tears poured out of her bright violet eyes. Lila watched with dismay as her brother appeared at the door, shocked at the sight before him. "James, help!" He surged foward to her rescue, but the iron grip of his mother held him back. He struggled against her with a passion as they loaded his little sister into the back of a van. "James!" She screamed, reaching out. "Lila! I'll find you! I promise." The young boy watched with sorrow in his heart as the only thing he had truly ever loved, was taken away from him.

~Nightmare/memory over~

"James!" Lila cried out as she jolted awake. She shook her head, freeing herself of the the fog in her head caused by the dream. The first thing she noticed was that she was in what appeared to be a large, mostly glass, cage. No! Not again! She was trapped with no way out. In her panic, she had yet to notice that she was not alone. Lila spun at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Her sharp gaze met emerald eyes, that widened in surprise. "Your eyes...." The stranger trailed off. "Yes, they're purple. Who are you?" It was blunt and she knew it, but she was curious. The strange man before her was adorned in regal attire befitting a king, but it was unlike anything she had ever laid eyes upon. "I am Loki." Loki. It was unique. Lila liked it. "May I ask your name?" She hesitated. Lila knew that there were cameras recording her every word. "I'd rather not give you my real name as there are people watching us right now....so just call me Madeline. Forgive my discression." She wanted to tell Loki her name but she knew that the people that had captured her did not know it, and would like to keep it that way. "I'm sure your real name is a name befitting the beauty of one such as yourself." Lila's eyes turned a bright glowing pink. Loki blinked in surprise. "Your eyes...." He was at a loss for words once again. She laughed quietly. "My eyes reflect my emotions. Pink is embarrassed." Loki's eyebrows shot up. "What are the other colours?" "Yellow is happy, blue is sad, green is scared, red is angry, pink is embarrassed, as you know, and gold...." Lila trailed off, unsure of whether she wanted to tell him what gold was. "Yes?" He urged gently. Lila sighed. "Gold is love."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

So sorry I took so long, writers block or my way of calling it, "Imagination challenged"
I really am very sorry. Yes it is very short, but I wanted to give you guys something, and I promise I'm already working on the fourth chapter. Well, that's really all I have to say so.... yeah.

Pat a cat

Buy a bat

A fez is a hat

Garfield is fat

Goodbye and farewell from The Doctor's Companion