28.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

November 10, 2017

Not only did I get in a bathtub naked with a grown man who might I add was also naked, but I was also asked something completely out of nowhere. Did I expect to be asked this one day? Yes. But so soon? Not exactly. But was I excited? Hell yes! Am I nervous? Of course I am. But the most important thing is, will I be able to not make a fool out of myself? Hardly doubt it, but I'll sure to make it look intentional and classy.

Another three days had passed and it was time to start heading home. Daisy was unusually less flamboyant these last couple of days. But who wouldn't be after discovering that your dream home had been bought out of foreclosure.

Daisy was too late. And now, it's gone forever. It will be someone else's new forever home, and she wishes them nothing but the best and happiness.

For now, Daisy will sulk in discretion until she can get back home and actually take everything in she's been suppressing for the sake of others. Because it felt like she had just lost something extremely important to her.

Standing outside the Wickers home with her car running and U-Haul driver behind her, she creates small talk with Sean.

"Are you sure I can't interest you in a puppy?" He persuades.

"Trust me, I would love to scoop up one of your puppies but right now, I just don't have the time to be taking care of another animal."

"I understand," he shrugs. "They can be a handful at times. But if we still have one by the time December comes around, we'll let you know."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem."

"Daisy!" Mrs. Wickers comes barreling down the stairs from her home with a promised homemade apple pie. "I got it! I got it!"

"Slow down, mom! She's not leaving just yet," Sean said to his mother as she sped walked across the gravel.

Mrs. Wickers brushes her son off. "I know, I know. But here dear, I couldn't let you leave without my famous pie. It's hot now, be careful."

Daisy takes the pie." Thank you, Mrs. Wickers. You're so kind." And sets it in the back seat of her car.

By the time Daisy turns back around after closing the back door, Mrs. Wickers is already in tears. "Oh no, what is wrong?" She takes the woman into her arms.

"You're leaving us."

"Wow, mom. I feel the love," Sean jokingly says.

"I'll be back before you know it." Daisy reassures, rubbing her back.

"I know, but I love having you around. It's nice to have some girl company once in awhile."

Sean waves, "I'm right here mom. We can have son time."

Mrs. Wickers rolls her eyes playfully and takes Daisy's face in her hands. "You are an amazing young woman. You deserve all the happiness in this world." Something Norah always said before Daisy left.

"Thank you, Mrs. Wickers."

"Now, hop along before I keep you hostage here."

"I'll see you-" Daisy is about to hop into her car when Mr. Wickers comes jogging out from the field.

"Wait! Don't forget to say goodbye to me."

Sean mumbles underneath his breath, "why don't I get this kind of love?" Acting like a complete seven year old who only ever wanted was his parents love and affection.