Darkness of the Grail

« I'll show you my love until I grow tired of you, woman. Until then, let us enjoy the pains and joys of life as we please. »

These are the last words of Gilgamesh before she is totally in the mud, unconscious, lost in nothingness.

It was dark, there was nothing. The feeling of swimming in a vacuum and sinking little by little into the unknown depths of this strange ocean. Arturia was a light among the darkness, floating little by little, farther and farther into the darkness. Alone in this big space.

She allowed her body to be carried by an invisible current, the misty mind, lost in her consciousness. She did not know what was going on around her. All she really was aware of was that she had suffered a defeat. Lost ... against ... whom? She couldn't remember. All she knew was that she had lost and she was floating in the strange void.

She opened her eyes with difficulty ... The first thing she saw was a big halo of light, far above her, shining like an eclipse, illuminating the night. She realized at that moment that it was the Holy Grail, dominating the place and she was within it.

She remembers her purpose, her desire, her vow to obtain the Holy Grail. She then began to move, swimming against the current to rise to the surface, to obtain the Holy Grail. She held out her hand, hopeful, aware that he was right there, not far from her.

Drawing on her last strength, she tries to return to the treasure she was looking for.

"Do not touch that object ..." suddenly said a voice in the distance.

But she does not listen, she was full of dreams and envy. She wanted to fulfill her wish.

« It's the Holy Grail... » Saber answered, happy to see it. « I must... I must using... I must using that for... »

She could not finish her sentence, concentrating on her swimming toward the surface as she descended deeper and deeper into the darkness.

« I told you... Do not touch that object... » Repeated the voice in the darkness.

A pale hand from nowhere grabbed Arturia's shoulder to hold her gently, preventing Arturia from moving forward. The King of Knights, surprised, became angry and turned furiously towards the person behind her.

« Just Who you are ? Why are you getting in my way ?! »

Facing herself, she took a moment to realize who was there in front of her. Arturia was shocked, they were both identical and different. Both were floating in this void, face to face.

« Who ? You ask ? » her double answered with a small confident smile. Her arms move out to Arturia. « Somthing like that... Just see and you can know, right ? »

Her double smiles at her, watching her with her golden eyes, empty, as if they had lost their humanity.

Arturia saw herself. They resembled each other perfectly, but her double with the hair and skin paler than his. And her double was dressed in black.

« you... you can't be... »

Arturia was terrified by what she saw. To see herself was disturbing and strange. But she was no stranger to her. She knew her double, she had already seen... she knew her origin ... Camlan.

« I'm what you are. I am you and you are me, Arturia. I am Arturia Pendragon. »

She was right, she was indeed her. She was her reflection, her dark side that she never wanted to confess.

« No... back from where you come from ! » Answered Arturia, wanting to get away from her double.

Her reflection gently mocked her, smiling at her with sympathy.

« I come from you. I have always been présent. I am the King of Knight ! The king who should have ruled his country with determination and power. I am your black feelings... Your true desire. »

Arturia was more and more terrified that she was really in front of herself. It was her darkest feelings, her feelings that she had always repressed for living with chasteter. Her double is what she most expressed when she died in Camlan.

She could not accept it ... she ... she refused to admit that she had ever felt such a thing.

Her double approached her, caressing her cheek with gentleness and protection.

« Don't Worry, it will be okay. You're tired of always fighting. I will fight for you. I will protect you. I will protect your light. You will be my light in my darkness. You will not disappear. »

Arturia shivered at the touch of her double. She was scared, afraid of what she was capable of doing.

« No ! I can't... I can't give in... If I give in, I'll... Everything that I am will cease to exist. »

The King of Knights begins to shed tears of anguish. She did not want ... she could not. Arturia was so exhausted to have fought bravely for her ideals ... but she could not give in, not now.

« Huuuuuuush... »

Her reflection approaching her, she wiped her tears and came to hug her gently.

« Everything you built will not go away. On the contrary, I well be your sword. I will be the one who will save you. Sleep Arturia. Let me do. Rest in me... »

Arturia was crying more. If she had been stronger, her reflection would never have existed ... she would never have needed to exist.

« No... no, I must not... » Clenching her fingers on the body of her reflection.

Her double smiled warmly before coming to put her forehead against her.

« Enough, it's time to rest. Sleep inside of me. »

Arturia's face twisted in frustration. She was angry, but she felt so weak. The tears continue to flow in front of her impotence.

« Close your eyes ... »

His eyelids become heavier. Her weak will was unbearable. She could not fight against herself. She finally closed her eyes, crying in the arms of her reflection.

Her reflection hugged her warmly as if she were a child and stroked her hair.

Arturia's body began to glow, turning her being into particles and merged with her other self.

The reflection placed her hands on her chest, still smiling warmly and closed her eyes to feel Arturia's presence in her.

« You didn't disappear. You are me and I am you. You will be my guide and I will show you the way!. We are Arturia Pendragon, the King of Knights. »

The reflection opened eyes and looked towards the surface. The halo of light was still present, much smaller than last time.

The new Arturia resumed a neutral expression. With determination she headed towards the surface.. to escape the dark prison.

---

Thanks for reading this fanfic. I hope it interests you.

The story will be divided into two parts. Unlike other fic that I prepare in the background for several weeks, this one, I write it as and when.

I was delighted to see that there were some games that had the bad end of Fate / Stay Night, it gives new perspective for fanfic and I was surprised to find none on Arturia Alter. So, I'm trying.

Thanks again and see you soon!

Basy