violet

Jack's POV:

as i walk out of the classroom my feet lead me in the direction of the new girl. before i can comprehend what is happening, i hear myself say "hi, i'm jack."

"nice to meet you jack, i'm violet,"she replies, smiling.

"since you're new around here I thought maybe you might want someone to show you around," i say as calmly as possible.

"um, sure. let me see your phone so you can have my number and i can text you if i get lost or something."

i hand her my phone and she quickly types her number in and hands it back. "thanks. um, i have math next. what do you have?" i ask hoping she knows. i watch as she digs through her backpack and finally pulls out a piece of paper.

"it says i have language arts."

i take her to her class and then head to math. i walk in to the classroom seeing johnson and sammy chatting.

"ay! yo g wassup?" sammy asks while bro hugging me (a/n ????)

"not much man" i reply sitting down at my seat. "i walked this new chick violet to her class."

"is she cute?" johnson questions with a laugh.

"yeah. she has an amazing smile bro."

"good morning class, i hope everyone had a great weekend," our teacher mrs. merlot says interrupting our conversation.

i pull out my phone, not caring about paying attention in class. i decide to text Violet so she will have my number.

text messages:

me: hey it's jack.

i instantly get a response.

Violet Banks: hey :)

me: how's class?

Violet Banks: eh, it's about as good as school can be.

me: sorry lol. i wish our school was more interesting.

Violet Banks: same

i hear the bell ring meaning it's finally time for lunch. as i make my way into the lunchroom i see bazzi talking to kara. it made me upset, but it shouldn't have. we are just friends. she is my best friend's sister and that's all she will ever be.

"hey jack, do you mind if I sit with you at lunch?" i hear violet ask breaking me out of my thoughts.

"oh. um, sure follow me," i say leading her to our table.

"hey guys, this is violet." "violet this is nate, jack johnson, sammy, kara, luna, and bazzi." i tell her, pointing to each person as i say their name.

"hi, nice to meet you guys." she says shyly.

i take a seat next to johnson and violet sits next to me.

"so, violet, what made you decide to come to our mess of a high school?" johnson asks making violet chuckle.

"well my parents moved because my dad got a new job, so I had to come here," she tells him.

"oh cool." johnson replies before taking a bite of his sandwich.

I see kara and bazzi sitting very close across the table. it makes me seethe with fury. why though? who knows man.

hehe