hero

Jack's POV:

I turn around and the second I see her my grip around Kara tightens. "What do you want Violet?" I say, anger boiling up inside me.

"You!" she commands.

"Violet, i'm not into you. What we had was just a little fling. I'm sorry if I hurt you or something but please don't take it out on Kara," I try compromising with her.

"You don't understand Jack, you're mine. Only mine. Kara wants to take you from me and I can't have that."

I'm very much confused by what she means, but I put it aside as I realize we might actually die. I make an impulse decision and kick the chair towards her. It knocks her back and she falls hitting her head on the door frame. I take this opportunity to push Kara up and out of the window. Nate pulls me up and I fall onto the hard ground.

"We have to get her to a hospital, she's freezing and probably has hypothermia," Luna exclaims jumping up.

"Nate you and Luna take her to the car, I'll go find everyone else," I proclaim

Nate, Luna, and Kara fade out of sight as they go back to the car. I quickly find my way through the dark, crowded woods. I yell Derek's name hoping he will hear me.

"Gilinsky?" a voice screams back.

I finally find them and tell them everything. We run to the car and rush Kara to the nearest hospital.

-

Kara's POV:

I feel a hand holding on to mine and hear what seems to be a person crying. My eyes won't open, but I manage to move my hand. The person gasps and suddenly my hand is alone. I try as hard as I can to open my eyes. I finally manage to and i'm faced with a white ceiling. As I turn my head I see Jack and Luna sitting next to me.

"Kara! You're awake! Oh my gosh," Luna cries lunging herself towards me.

I feel my hand being squeezed and I look up at Jack. He smiles a big smile and I swear my heart fell to my stomach.

"Hey Kara," Jack says softly rubbing my hand.

"Hi," I manage to say.

"Luna, go get the doctor and tell everyone else."

Luna exits and then comes back moment later with a doctor by her side.

"Hello Miss Maloley, I'm glad to see you are awake." He says kindly. "You will get to leave soon, now that's you're conscious. "

That made me feel loads better.

-

An hour later I'm being discharged and wheeled to the car. Jack lifts me into my seat and gets in beside me. I lay my head against his chest and his arm automatically goes around me.

"Thank you for saving me, Jack. You really are a hero."

He replies by hugging me tighter.

-

We finally return to the house and I slowly walk up the stairs to my room. I plop myself on my bed and get under the covers, warming up my body. Jack enters my room and I smile at him. He sits on the edge of my bed and pokes my leg.

" I'm glad you are here. For a while I didn't think you were gonna wake up." he speaks, hanging his head low without eye contact.

"I could never leave you, Jack."

He stands up heading towards the door.

"Wait! Can you stay with me?" I question, hoping he will.

A small smile appears on his face. "Of course."

He gets under the covers and wraps his arm around me pulling me closer. My whole body relaxes and sleep takes over my body.

-

I wake up engulfed in Jack's arms. I have to pee, so I attempt to get out of his grip. As I pull myself up his grip gets tighter.

"No, Kara, don't go," he whines.

"I just have to pee, chill."

I do my business and then walk back to the bed. Jack is sound asleep. His face looks so peaceful, I can't help but stare. His strong jawline to his long eyelashes, he looks perfect. His eyes suddenly pop open, and I freak.

"Were you staring at me?" he questions a smirk appearing.

"What? no!"

"It's okay, I know I'm handsome," He says sassily.

I laugh and shove him.

"Ow! Kara, don't do that!"

"It's not like it hurt!"

"You're right," he says engulfing me in a hug.

Jack Gilinsky is slowly trapping my heart, and I don't think I'll ever recover.

A/N
sorry for not updating in forever. it took me a while to write this cause i wasn't sure on how i wanted it all to go. also my bff who edits this was gone on vacation, so it took her a while to edit it. thank you all for waiting patiently lol. hope you enjoyed it.🥰