05

"I'm dying without you. When are you coming back?"

"Well hello to you too." Kaylee replied but couldn't help the laugh that came from her mouth when she heard her best friend after she answered the phone.

It had been a week since she met Emerson, Adelyn, and Casey and she had grown a lot closer to all of them. Kaylee always had them over or went to their places to hang out. She and Emerson have gotten particularly close but she won't admit to herself why. Right now they were all at the beach hanging out together, as per usual.

Kaylee got snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Julian speak up again.

"Whatever. When are you coming back?" Julian whined

"I'm not, babes. You know this. I will see you in a month or two when we go to New York." Kaylee told him as she peered out to her friends watching them splash the beach water at each other. She wrinkled her nose at the thought of the filthy water touching her. Kaylee couldn't believe they were splashing each other with it.

Julian groaned. "Fine. I'm never letting you go once I see you again though. I hope you know that."

"You will have to drag me off of you, Jules, so trust me when I say the feeling is mutual." She said as she watched her friends goof around. Kaylee caught Emerson's eye and gave him a smile.

Emerson gave her silly expression and a cheeky grin, which in turn caused Kaylee to blush. She stuck out her tongue at him and he started to make his way over to where she was sitting. "I gotta go now, babes. Two more months, yeah?" Kaylee told him before he approached her and sat beside her. "Bye, love you too babes" she said before hanging up.

Emerson raised an eyebrow. "Boyfriend? Girlfriend?" He asked her with a weird tone in his voice.

Kaylee shook her head and set her phone aside. "Mm not exactly. My best friend from California. We try to talk everyday but it doesn't really work out most of the time." She said with a shrug

Emerson smiled. "Oh good."

It was Kaylee's turn to raise an eyebrow this time. "Good huh? Why is it good huh? You a little jealous?"

"As a matter a fact, no but it would have put a dent in my plans to ask you out on a date."

Kaylee's heart sped up and she smiled at him. "Hmm maybe I have plans that day."

"I never gave you a date." Emerson said with a laugh.

"Oh darn. I guess I have to go then." Kaylee joked and stood up. "I would love to. Just let me know the time and day and I'll see you there, yeah?" she suggested with a wink before running over to where their other friends were.

Kaylee tried to act cool because she could feel Emerson's eyes on her but on the inside she was screaming of happiness. She couldn't believe Emerson asked her out. Kaylee knew it wasn't a good idea to go on a date with anyone when she was only here for two more months. She wanted to have a good time while she was here with her new friends so she was letting go of her worries and just having fun. They probably won't even last long.... right?