Flash Fiction 2, Raspy Asylum

How could I not include one of my favorite storylines of mine XD. Anyways the requirements for this one were 4 sentences and it had to be on one page.

1 The horse came back alone
2 bacon sandwiches always reminded her of...
3 they had to make sure that none of their colleagues noticed
4 As the prison gate closed behind him, he saw someone waiting for him

This story was rushed in the end cause I ran out of room. I had no margins and the smallest font I could read XD.

The warm breeze of summer seemed to place everyone in a good mood, even if they were to be stuck inside all day. The barred windows were open to let the fresh air spread through the musty asylum as the tours were given.
One was actually going on at the moment, a new worker by the name of Charlie was giving her first official tour without any help which was a big achievement as if she succeeded, meaning she'd be able to keep the job.
"What's over there? I wanna go there!" a young child whined, wanting to enter the prison ward. Charlie bit her lip, the sign cleary said do not enter but she knew the boy wouldn't take that answer lightly. She squatted down to be eye to eye with the child.
" Well if we were to head over there you'd miss the famed story of Mysterious mare of the woods." She explained, hoping it would sound more interesting than the prison ward. His eyes gleamed with joy and curiosity.
"What's the mysterious mare?" He asked. Charlie sighed in relief, glad the kid forgot about the ward. She stood up, guiding the tourist towards the window that oversaw the courtyard.
Charlie took a second to enjoy the warm breeze coming through before beginning the tale,
"Legend has it there was once an inmate in that very prison ward who was extremely stealthy. He believed himself to be a horse whisperer so one foggy night he used this window to jump down. Luckily for him the horse stable was just below, since back then it was their only mode of transport. He crashed through the thin ceiling and into the pile of hay kept for the horses. Of course the guards were alerted by the large crash yet they weren't able to catch him in time as he rode off into the fog, never to be seen again, or so they thought. They didn't chase after the man, not wanting to get lost in the fog. But as they went back to their stations they heard screaming, then silence. They watched as a figure approached. It was the horse but the horse came back alone. There was not a trace of the man left. They searched for days and nothing was ever found. And that is why we're closed on foggy days." She finished, gazing at the group to see their reaction.
The boys eyes were filled with wonder while the other adults looked uneasy, a teen who was also apart of the group looked unamused. Charlie shyly smiled. "Anyways, it looks this is the end of the tour! Thank you all for coming to Raspy Asylum! Don't forget we have a special basement tour and a gift shop just outside! We hope you had a wonderful time and we can't wait to see you here again soon!" She finished, glancing to her left where a man stood, smiling.
He was the owner of the asylum Wilford Wallard. He was a burly man with an odd accent. His plush handlebar mustache covered his upper lip, it matches his thick wavy hair that sat in a flood on his head. He was never caught without a bow tie and dress shirt, his signature style. One would believe him to be a serious man but his odd color combinations and carefree attitude said otherwise. Though that didn't keep him from terrifying his employees.
It wasn't often the workers saw him out of his makeshift office, he mostly did the paperwork and would call in employees if he wanted an update on how things were running. He was very intimidating for such a carefree man.
Charlie bit her lip, walking up to her boss. She's only spoken to him once and that's when she was hired.He smiled down at her, patting her shoulder.
"That was wonderful Charlotte, I knew my gut was right to hire ya." He praised. Charlie let the breath she didn't know she was holding out, sighing in relief.
"You know, I was hoping you could work the night shift tonight with Travis tonight. I'd just love to have such a well-rounded employee. He's been doing it himself for such a long time and I just feel bad to leave him all alone at night. Plus you'd be my first to be experienced in both day side and night." He asked, buttering it up in hopes Charlie would take it.
Charlie, or Charlotte as her superiors referred to her by, bite her lip. She obviously wasn't thrilled to work all night, especially after her 3-hour shift but she also wanted to impress her boss. She thought back to school about how much Travis was asleep through his classes. He is the only one who works the night shift. She sighed,
'Of course, I'd love to!" She said, trying to sound as cheerful as she could. He smiled,
"Great! Travis is in the break room right now actually, why don't you two chat." He stated, patting her shoulder one more time before walking off, most likely back to his office.
He wasn't the most social either, whenever someone asked for the manager they were told to say he was out.
She stood straight, still smiling, waiting until he walked around the corner to sigh, slouching. She begrudgingly walked to the employee's room to get ready for her second shift. As she entered Travis jumped.
"Oh, if you need to change I can step out for a second!" He stuttered. He was awkward as ever.
They went to the same school but Charlie hadn't spoken much to him since he was either asleep or hanging out with his friend Jasmine. Him working the night shift explained why he was always tired at school.
"No," she huffed, "Wallard wanted me to work the night shift with you tonight. He wanted you to explain what needs to be done." She explained, dropping herself into the chair, groaning. "I don't even have food to last me through the night. Hopefully I'll have time to run up and get something nearby." She groaned on, leaning onto the table.
Travis looked down at his own meal. "I could share some of my sandwich with you if you can't." He offered. Charlie lifted her head to look at him
"what's in it?" She asked.
"Bacon" He replied. She tried not to grimace, not wanting to offend him. Bacon sandwiches always reminded her of throwing up every since she ate one with spoiled egg.
"Thanks for the offer." She said, grabbing her keys. "I'll be right back, I should have enough time." She said, checking her phone for the time. 20 minutes. Plenty of time...    
"Are you sure he scheduled you to work the night shift?" Travis asked, it wasn't often Wilford assigned someone else for the night shift and if he did it probably wasn't a good sign.
"Unfortunately so." She said, stretching in the chair. She had just finished her dinner in the break room, her and Travis conversing while they waited for the place to be closed. Wallard gave them extra time for Travis to explain what to do to Charlie. He seemed more anxious than usual and that was saying something. "Alright then, well since I've already explained what to do, we should get started. I'll clean hall C and D on the second floor and you can clean hall A and B. Don't lock up everything before I can get downstairs first." He explained, getting up.
"What about the prison ward?" Charlie asked, causing Travis to freeze. Even she hadn't been in the prison ward before. She was actually kinda excited to see it tonight.
"I'll handle it." He said as he made his way to the door.
"That's too much for you, hall A only has 5 room and hall B isn't that big either." She argued.
"It's fine, I got it." he said, walking out, obviously not wanting to argue on the matter for much longer.
Charlie glared at the door in suspicion, what is so bad about the prison ward. Everyone was told it was too unstable to walk in but the times she got to look in, everything seemed fine.
She stood up,  brushing her clothes off 'If he can be in the prison ward than so can I' she told herself, heading out too clean halls A and B as fast as possible.
Luckily, as stated earlier, halls A and B were the smallest in the asylum so she was able to finish in a half hour.
What she didn't know is that Travis had finished hall D and was finishing up the prison ward.
Travis sighed, grabbing the rag from the bucket and washing down the last cell bars. While some would question why they would bother cleaning the prison ward since it's closed off, he knew exactly why it needed to be done. 
The air was stale and the atmosphere was heavy. Travis hated being in here but he refused to put the burden on someone else. 
He stood up, grabbing the bucket and making his way out. He didn't want to stay for much longer, who knows when he'll show up. It was up to him and Wallard to keep guest away and they had to make sure that none of their colleagues noticed. Whoever knew would be in danger, especially if they were an employee. 
He pulled his keys out from his pocket, they clinked together as they swayed form his movement. He pressed the button near the gate to unlock it. It began to slowly close itself due to the silt of the ground. Any faster and the whole mechanism would spasm out so it was easier to let it do its own thing. As the prison gate closed behind him, he saw someone waiting for him.
"Charlotte, what are you doing up here!" He choked, looking behind him to see his worst nightmare.
Charlie's eyes were wide in fear. Travis knew it was too late but he tried to push the gate close which didn't help. The figure that stroke Charlie in fear began to walk closer to them, he had  to lock the gate. 
Finally the gate clicked as it hit the wall, Travis quickly locked it but wasn't able to backup in time. The figure grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to the bars. It snarled and was about to say something but Travis was suddenly ripped away from the grip, being dragged down the hall as the figure slammed his hands against the bars, yelling in anger.
Travis collected hi senses to see it was Charlie dragging him away. She rushed out of the building with him, grabbing the keys dangling from his hands struggled to find the right one.
Once the right key finally locked the door, she turned around to face Travis who was still dazed by the whole ordeal.
She  slumped herself against the wall, out of breath and slide down, resting her elbows on her knees. "What- was that." She asked hesitantly, as if she didn't want to know the answer.
Travis slowly crashed to his knees, realising Charlie was in danger as well now. " Every asylum has rumored ghost but this one is infected with demons. There souls are trapped here and we don't know what to do about it." He began to explain., his eyes tearing up.
" Once you see them they won't let you go. They want your body to free. We've tried so hard to keep others from being caught into their hands but the strings are already attached."
"Travis, you're not making sense." Charlie mumbled out, she understood but she didn't want to accept it as the truth. "Once you see them you can't escape, only fight. No matter how far you distance yourself from them they keep you coming back.  I'm sorry Charlotte, Wallard shouldn't have gotten you involved with this mess." He scowled, cursing the man.  Why? They've worked so hard to keep it on the low and he assigns some new person out of the blue to work with him tonight.
What was he planning. He stood up, walking towards Charlie who could barely process what was happening. "Let's get out of here." He suggested, offering a hand. Things weren't going to be easy for them anymore.