What You Can and Can't Put in a Skip

Are you wondering what a skip is? Where can I use a skip? Or what can I use a skip for? All these questions and many other can be answered by getting the real meaning behind the term skip. Don't stress your subconscious mind.
A skip is simply a waste container that is designed in a distinctive way that it can be loaded onto a special type of lorry or truck. Skip containers come in varied designs as well as sizes. When out there looking for a skip container to purchase, you should go for a design that will satisfy your needs. You also need to ask yourself, what can I put in a skip?

 You also need to ask yourself, what can I put in a skip?

Not all waste or rubbish can be put in a skip. You have to be considerate when purchasing as skip container in your nearby dealer. Here are different types of skip containers that can solve your waste management problems;

Open skipThis is a skip design that is found in construction sites, and it is used for loading waste materials with much ease.

Closed skipThis is a great skip design that prevents any unauthorized use of your waste container. It is also designed in a way that the volume of the disposed waste does not exceed the set maximum limit.

Mobile skip binsThis is a skip design that is usually set on a trailer that comes with four wheels. You have to use a lifting mechanism to load or offload the skip from the trailer.

Roll-on and Roll-off skipThis skip design is similar to open skip, however, it has to be lifted to a skip loader wagon. This is a skip design appropriate for industrial settings and not right for domestic use.

Here is what can't you put in a skip. Take note;

AsbestosYou should never mix asbestos with other waste materials

AsbestosYou should never mix asbestos with other waste materials. Asbestos is a hazardous material and it cannot be recycled. To solve the asbestos disposal disaster, you have to only let specialist asbestos removal contractor do the work. You can also place a call to your local waste management council and seek help dispose asbestos.

BatteriesThere are different types of batteries used on daily basis, and none of these types should be put in a skip. Batteries contain harmful chemicals and metals and the disposal case should be treated differently from other wastes. You are better off when disposing batteries by taking them to your nearby battery recycling centre.

Gas cylindersResidual contents of gas cylinders are hazardous and skip companies will not disposal them. You simply need to rely on the help of your gas cylinder service providers and let them collect your unwanted cylinder

PlasterboardIf you are wondering, can you put plasterboard in a skip? This is a thought that you should never entertain in your mind. This is a material that cannot be mixed with other types of wastes.Simply find a way to take your plasterboard to specialized recycling plants or rely on government initiatives looking for ways to reuse plasterboard. All in all, you should at all times steer clear from the idea of putting plasterboard in skips.

TyresIt is not allowed to put tyres in your skip whether you own it or it's a hired one. It is a criminal offense to haphazardly dispose types whether new or old. Do a bit of homework before you think of disposing tyres into your skips. Only registered waste carriers or specialized firms are allowed to dispose tyres.

Fuels, paint and solventsPaint, fuel and solvents all contain chemical compounds that are harmful. You should thus not put them in skips as there is no skip company's permit that allows them to dispose them. These items require proper dispose strategies only a few agencies can handle.

Medical wasteAt all times, medical waste is sensitive, and should never be haphazardly disposed. Medical waste material should never be put in an everyday skip. Some of the material used in medical settings can lead to infections and contamination if one is wrongly exposed to them. Proper disposal strategies should be followed.

Electrical appliancesThe expensive electrical appliances used at home and business premises should never be put in a skip. These include equipment such as dishwashers, televisions, refrigerators and freezers. All unwanted electrical appliances should be taken to licensed waste electrical recycling facilities.

Read more from this article here:

https://tjctransport.co.uk/blog/what-you-can-and-cant-put-in-a-skip/

Or use the external link.