Chapter 22

The Siblings' Quarrel

Seeing Sasuke being serious about destroying Konoha, Kotomi grabbed his arm. "Onii-san! You can't do this! Your actions will most likely start a war!"

Sasuke glared at her. "Do you even care what they put Itachi through?!"

Kotomi grunted, lowering her head. "Of course I care... But this isn't what Nii-san would've wanted you to do..."

"You don't know that for sure! You just think that's how he feels! Unless I hear it come out of his mouth, I won't believe a damn word you say!"

Kotomi glared daggers at her brother. "Would that really solve anything?! You may think it will satisfy your revenge, but all it's going to be is your downfall! Don't give into the darkness before it's too late!"

"Shut up!" Sasuke shouted. "You're either with me or against me, imoto. Which is it?"

Knowing that she isn't enough to convince him, Kotomi had to let him go near the village, a 50/50 chance of her plan working. That way, she can alert people when his focus isn't on her. She hoped that one of the first people she would bump into was Naruto.

Kotomi let out a silent sigh. "I'm with you, Onii-san. The one responsible for putting Nii-san through all that needs to pay."

Sasuke smirked. "Glad you can be so obedient. Even if it's you, imoto, if you betray me or get in my way, I won't hesitate to cut you down. Is that clear?"

Kotomi gulped. "Yes..." She looked into his eyes. It was like he was slowly losing himself. He would never threaten to harm her, so she knew that his revenge was starting to blind him even more.

***

During the time Sasuke and his team were fighting the five Kages at the Five Kage Summit, Kotomi was waiting for the right moment to head over to Konoha to warn everyone.

As soon as she stepped forward, someone appeared in front of her. Looking up, Kotomi saw the masked man. "Where do you think you're going?"

Not ever being alone with this man, Kotomi swallowed. "I... Feel like I would only get in the way, so I wanted to go somewhere else." A half lie.

Seeing the sharingan through the tiny hole of his mask, he was staring her down. "Though you are siblings, you don't share the same idea, do you?"

Kotomi grunted. Her eyes began to waver. "I just don't understand... Why should he do this for the sake of revenge? It's not going to solve anything. It's just going to bring even more hate."

The man was silent for a moment. "Well spoken. But I have to disagree with you. Despite saying that, you have that same feeling deep in your heart towards the person who killed your teammates and sensei."

Kotomi grunted once more. She felt her blood start to boil, but shook her head. "No. I'm well aware that guy is dead now because of Sasuke. I heard about it a while back ago."

"But if he was alive, would you let your revenge consume you?"

Pausing for a moment, Kotomi shook her head. "No. I wouldn't let it consume me. Unlike my brother, I won't give into the darkness."

It was hard to see his face, but the masked man smirked. "Don't do anything that you'll regret doing." The masked man started sinking to the floor, disappearing in sight.

Kotomi started to think. If that guy were alive, would she have the urge to kill him? But there was no way for people to come back from the dead.