Chapter 1

The back of your house is silent, lampposts on the streets and your open bedroom window upstairs acting as the only light source there was.

It's been a solid five minutes since you ran out the door, still in your pajamas. Going back definitely isn't an option.

"It talked." You mumble to yourself like a maniac, laughing. "It talked."

Your hair's sticking to every direction as you pace around your backyard, biting your nails.  It's cold out here and the cotton material wasn't doing you any favor.

Inside, your brother's probably doing some sort of sacred ritual for his blog-or could be asleep. You hope it's the latter. Heaven knows the hits he'd get from you if you find out it was him messing around at three a.m in the morning.

Then again. That would probably be better.

Groaning, you tug your hair again as you fall into the mercy of disbelief.

A Few Days Prior

Books were everywhere. On your desk, the bed, the floor-everywhere. And what's worst is that you had no one else to blame but yourself. Even though you had been fully aware that exams were around the corner, you still chose to binge over your favorite drama. Now look where it got you.

On your desk scribbling some main points prior to exam day.

You envy your brothers chilling on the couch downstairs. Lucky brats already enjoying their summer break while yours had yet to come.

Nibbling the tip of your pen, the devils in subject decide it'd be fun to rub their free time on your tired face.

You continue to scribble down the list of things you plan to memorize, ignoring the noise entering your room.

An echo of tsk follows the creak of your door before Hansung strides towards your desk to stand behind you. He towers over, focused brows trying to catch those pointers written down.

And huffs.

Hansung's the brother who would pretty much vouch for a friend's party than stay cooped up at home. Only recently did he dye his hair a vibrant shade of red. Should he have colored it a different tone, you'd bet your mother would kill him.

It doesn't take long before Haneul abruptly slides himself between Hansung, sending him tumbling back, so that he's the one peering through your shoulder instead.

Now, this brother's personality can chase the rain away. Always positive and smiling. If you had to choose your favorite amongst the two, there's no doubt in the world you'd pick him. But of course, you'll never tell that to his face.

They may differ in personality but their manly pride can all together skyrocket out of this world.

You ignore them.

Haneul stares at your notes for a good few a seconds before leaning closely to your ear to whisper. "I told you it was a bad idea."

"I know." You hiss back in a whisper too before shoving his face away. After sending you a little glare, he redraws to give you space.

You didn't need anyone reminding you it was a bad idea. You already knew the situation you got yourself into the minute the drama had ended.