Chapter 2

Its quiet out here. Inside, not so much.

You can hear the bustling of footsteps inside the house as you hoist your knees up to your chest. The lights are constantly getting flickered before a yell of frustration looms the foundation of your home.

They're looking for you. Haneul, and Hansung.

But that's the last thing on your mind right now.

You still can't process what had just happened. What on earth was that? This question renders you speechless as a cold chill slithers down your spine.

You're not sure if you should tell your brothers.

It's been a solid twenty minutes since you've sat here to think. To get your heart to slow down. You can't remember the last time you've had an intense workout. Even if your so called exercise took a swift sixty seconds to accomplish.

Giving in another minute of just listening to your brother's muffled calls, you stand up and enter the house.

Not once in your life did you think you'd ever find yourself up at three am unless it had something do with your brothers. Judging by how they're calling your name, you figured they had nothing to do with your disturbance.

Haneul's already in the kitchen when you enter. He doesn't see you at first. Too busy opening and closing the cabinets. If you weren't drained to the brink of exhaustion you'd have probably sneaked up on him.

As you approach your brother and mercilessly smack his back, you cant help but think.

Yes, you seem composed right now but there's still that matter of the mysterious man in your room.

That thing is still in your room. Where on earth are you gonna sleep?

And as much as you'd hate to admit it: the occuring event made you wet your pyjamas.

Haneul nearly succumbs to the devil when he feels a hit behind him but catches himself when he turns to realize it's just you.

"You scared me!" He gasps, suddenly grabbing your shoulders to vigorously shake them. "Where the heck have you been? Hansung literally went berserk when he couldn't find you in your room!"

Instead of answering, you narrow your eyes. "What was he doing in my room?"

You seem to forget about the figure. Haneul shrugs his shoulder, muscles exhausted. He allows his arms to drop and grabs your wrist.

"To check up on you?" That didn't even sound like a question. Like it was the most obvious thing.

Why are you not surprise? Hansung used to do that all the time when you were young until you eventually told him to stop. The idea of getting checked on every single night didn't sound appealing the more you grew.

Down right creepy as you'd describe it.

Of course, with his stubborn personality, you should've known better.

You double over when Haneul starts dragging you to the livingroom where you're met with the other twin. It takes you a minute to sync the reality of Hansung standing in front of you with arms crossed.

He doesn't look pleased.

"Care to explain where you've been?"

You've only been gone for like thirty minutes and they've managed to turn the house upside down in less than ten.

Unbelivable.

You raise your finger, ready to explain when you realize you don't actually have to.

"No."

God were you as pigheaded as he was.

Hansung's jaw tenses as you feel Haneul's grip tighten. Who could blame you? You're tired as heck to even know you're pricking their strings.

The pros and cons about being the youngest in this family is amazing. You'll often get yelled at and have siblings overreact around simplest things. But you know they act that way cause they care.

"Y/n." Your red-headed brother groans forcing you to give in to his sincere worry.

"Okey, okey." You yank your arm back, glaring at Haneul. "I was just outside....thinking."

"At three in the morning?" He points at the clock. "Couldn't you have done it inside your room?"

When you said they overreact over the simplest things, God you weren't joking.

At this rate, you're about ready to fall from lack of sleep. Who cares if you made them mad. You're ending this little interrogation.

Cause if this conversation consisted of you keeping your mouth quiet, why go on?

"Good night." You yawn, pat your brothers back before striding towards your room.

When you disappear upstairs, they're left to ponder who's bestowed such influence on you. Clearly you're not a tad bit intimidated by them.

"You call Noona."

Haneul looks at his brother like he's grown a second head. "And have her yell at me? No thank you."

That being said, he buries his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and scurries back to his room for some sleep.

Next Morning

"You little piece of sh-"

"Noona, calm down. She's listening." Hansung tried to murmur the last part down as he sips on his coffee, but you heard it.

You shove a piece of barbecue inside your mouth, chewing as you watch Haneul place another one without even looking at you.

After a minute of silence, the line speaks again."Han, did you put me on speaker?"

You can feel your brother's stare drilling holes into your head as he responds flatly. "Yes."

"Why?"

"Cause she doesn't listen to me anymore."

Such truth in that. But you pretend you didn't hear him.

Get the point?

"And who's fault is that, Han? Mine? You're the eldest there now so man up and take responsibility instead of calling me out of nowhere to tell me Y/n's gone missing." She goes silent for a moment. "This is the third time this week."

"I know." He sighs, obviously defeated.

All of a sudden, you cant seem to to swallow your food. Up until now, you were never aware he had to deal with this kind of treatment. Simply because you refuse to listen.

Your sister can be nicest human alive but when it comes to being pissed off? It's a whole different story.

She'll lash, degrade you, call you names you wont help but want to bury yourself alive. Then she'll end up hugging you until those tears dry up.

You'll forget what had just happened.

Hansung suddenly shows a small smile as he stares at his untouched food, whispering. "I miss you too."

Meanwhile upstairs, the faceless figure attempts to escape the wretched world he's been living in for so long. Until last night.

After a decade of being trapped in darkness, he finally felt freedom. Something he didn't know he missed having until you turned the cursed computer on.

You went straight to your room after washing the dishes, not knowing you'd find the exact same figure standing beside the broken computer.

You're at lost for words again, the only thing keeping you from freaking out would be the fact that its daylight outside.

So instead of doing what you did last night, you simply release a sigh and shut your door. "If this isn't creepy at all then I dont know what is anymore."

The thing scoffed at your statement.