Ch.6

Y/n POV

Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War--humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

Y/n:"How the hell does he move around that fast?"

Some of the silhouetted students raise their hands. Velvet, after a moment, does the same.

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" He takes another sip of his coffee "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" Weiss raises her hand "Yes?"

Weiss: "The battle at Fort Castle!"

Oobleck: "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: "Hey!"

Oobleck: "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?"

Jaune: "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..." he looks at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer"...had over that guy's stuff..." he sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer

Jaune:""Uhh... Binoculars!"

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead

Oobleck: "Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!"

Cardin: "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier."

Pyrrha: "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?"

Cardin: "What? You got a problem?"

Pyrrha: "No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark."

Blake: "General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure."

Cardin shoots up from his seats in anger and clenching his fist so I shot up from mine placed my hand on the holstered dagger, glaring at him

Y/n:"Don't even think about it jackass..."

Oobleck:" Mr. Winchester! Mr. L/n! Please take your seats."

Mr. Oobleck heard Jaune laugh

Oobleck:"You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings."

Jaune: "Oohhhh..."

Oobleck: "Now! Moving on!"

No one's POV

Glynda: "Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so."

Y/n:"Jokes on you I'm already dead..."he says under his breath

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!"

While the rest go their separate way, Jaune tries to sneak away from Cardin to his team, but Cardin sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

Cardin: "Come on, buddy - let's go!"

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, Pyrrha looking depressed as Y/n looks to see him dragged away by the assholes

Y/n:"One day... they will be bait..."

He starts walking off joining Team RWBY for the sap collecting

In a different area

Team CRDL is making themselves as comfortable as possible by leaning on stones, trees, and the ground while Jaune returns to the group with six full jars, setting them down just as he collapses face-down. The surrounding team gets up in response.

Cardin: "Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?"

Jaune:"I think I'm allergic to this stuff..."

Cardin: "Greeeeat, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'"

Jaune: "That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes."

Cardin: "Well, come with me, and you'll find out."

Jaune gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and Russel- peak their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Y/n crouched down by a nearby trail looking for something then Jaune heard a laugh coming from Cardin

Jaune:"Cardin w-what are you.-"

Cardin:"Payback" he looks back at Y/n who is talking with Glynda "He thinks he soooo cool standing up for freaks! Making us look like fools! Alright boys... last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work."

Russel grabs Jaune by the shoulder, who barely laughs in nervousness.

Cardin: "Now, according to one of the essays you wrote for me last week, these nasty things loooove sweets." "I'm thinking it's time we teach the freak a thing or two."

The members of CRDL get up. Cardin offers his hand to Jaune, only to painfully yank him up on his feet and shove the jar into his grasp.

Cardin: "And you're gonna do it."

Jaune: "Do what?"

Hit her with the sap! Either that, or I'll have a chat with Goodwitch, and you'll be on the first airship out of Beacon."

Jaune looks down at the jar of sap in his hands, then looks over at Y/n, he keeps having second thoughts but forces himself to aim, trying to steel his nerves and shaking hand to do the deed, but ultimately steels himself for what he's about to do.

Jaune: "No."

Cardin: "What did you say?"

Jaune: "I said... NO!"

He turns and throws the jar at Cardin, instantly recoiling his hands to himself as he looks at Cardin's breastplate covered in sap. The other team leader, however, just looks at himself and laughs darkly.

Cardin: "Oh, you've done it now..."