Chapter 4

Chapter 4: What are you hiding, that I can't reach to?

Miyuki reads the news that Ishigami gave him, about the Shinomiya family's disappearance. As said in the news, there was not trait to be found, and no sign of victim or culprit. He is in awe with it. He starts questioning himself if the girl he brought home was even Kaguya, or is it actually her illusion that his mind had pictured. The surrounding is quiet enough to bring him to his land of thoughts, where questions and theories just scatter around, with no answer.

"Shirogane-senpai... Shirogane-senpai!" Ishigami calls Miyuki, snaps the student council president back to reality. "You've been sitting and staring at the ground for 20 minutes! What on Earth are you having in your mind?" The student council treasurer asked, but receives a slight head shake from the blonde as a response. From the point of hating Kaguya, Miyuki actually wants to solve this mystery, on why he saw her on the street. But now, he is having a bigger worry. With all the students have known about Shinomiya's incident, he wants to know how they reacted to it, or more importantly, how she reacted to it.

"How were the students when they heard the news?" Miyuki asked, despite knowing that with Ishigami's mind, at that time he probably just glued his eyes in the game console's screen, rather than caring what other people expressed. However...

"They seemed... normal, like really normal. Some of them were even happy about it." Ishigami said. Now thinking of it, the students' normal expression was explainable, due to how Kaguya had treated them in the past. But "happy" does sound a bit odd. Kaguya treated them like peasants, but being happy about someone's family's disappearance is just something strange, at least to the president.

"All I know is there are rumors everywhere. People are just chatting about it, being some kind of detectives and theorists. I just can't stand people acting like they know something and absolutely sure about it." Ishigami said in a mad tone. Although he can't stand Kaguya, but he doesn't know much about her. He hates people bragging like they actually know something really well, but in fact, they don't. Miyuki respects this from Ishigami, something that makes him different from the others. However, he still worries about Kaguya for some reason, even he can't explain why.

Miyuki starts putting the puzzle pieces together. "Maybe there was some journalist who needed fame and something to attract readers, so he wrote such a bad news to get more attention. But knowing the Shinomiya family, they wouldn't allow this. Do they even know?" With that, he goes for the second one. "Maybe her parents were looking for her, but they had some sort of accident. If that was true, it would be sad for her. But there would be someone call for her to tell that. It doesn't feel right at all..."

"Do you know how Kaguya reacted to it? How was her?" Miyuki asked the treasurer, and receives wide eyes of surprising from him. "You've must be crazy. If I actually cared so much about it, I probably wouldn't be able to arrive here, talking to you." Ishigami said while shivering, and that just makes total sense to the blonde, considering how scared Ishigami is to Kaguya.

"Anyway, prez. Is this an interrogation? Did I do something wrong to receive this?" The treasurer asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I made you feel uncomfortable?"

"Yeah, really, this entire time..." Ishigami thought and rolled his eyes. However, Miyuki is not the only one with questions to ask. So does the treasurer, but with only one, the serious one.

"President?"

"Yes, treasurer Ishigami?"

"Why did Shinomiya-senpai go to school with you, on your bike?"