Waiting For a Girl Like You

You took a deep breath, trying to relax your stiffened limbs from sitting ramrod straight on the school bus. You hoped to God he didn't see you, not yet. You hadn't thought of a good excuse as to why you were here. Why you transferred High Schools for your Junior year from one of the most elite High schools' of the country, Sanguinem, to... well, here. But the more stops the bus made - the more kids bustling on that weren't Yuu - the more you relaxed. Maybe he doesn't get the bus in? You rolled your eyes at yourself, you know Yuu better than that.

"He's not coming."

You muttered to yourself. Or he's not coming on time at least, but that's still not great. You sighed as the report of Yuuichirou Amane being arrested for assaulting a Police Officer. You found you were rubbing your temples with your fingertips at the memory. Even though you knew exactly why he was acting up. You winced as a flash of blue eyes came to mind before you exhaled a sharp breath to shake the feeling of unease. You didn't feel comfortable interrupting the swarm of students tripping over each other to get out the bus and so you sat and waited. Why could they possibly want to get off of the bus so quickly? People don't like school that much. You dusted your long, warm brown skirt down as you rose from your seat, re-adjusting your lilac cardigan and grabbed your bag.

You thanked the bus driver as you hopped off of the last step and onto the school grounds and the driver offered raised brows with a stuttered 'sure', not being accustomed to ever receiving a thank you from the students they drove. You allowed another deep breath as you took in your surroundings, the school was much larger than the one you'd come from. Cars whizzed by with loud rock music booming from the seems of the windows and if you didn't watch yourself you could have been taken out by that skater kid that shot passed.

"Watch it!"

The guy turned to bark before flying off again – all you'd registered was an agitated face with follicles and bright pink hair. You held yourself as a group of girls walked passed as if you weren't there, nearly knocking into you. You huffed impatiently at the lack of manners before overhearing their conversation,

"... Oh my God! It's him

"Ugh can't he just notice me already!"

"I know, right?"

The girls giggled to each other as they'd stopped in their tracks a few feet away. Out of curiosity you followed their gaze to see some guy get out of a bright red car, an arrogant aura clearly surrounded him as he finished a drag of his cigarette before flicking it away carelessly. Upon first look, if you didn't know any better you would have thought it was Yuu, but he was too tall. Despite his apparent attitude, you understood why these girls were fawning over him: He had a tall, lean and muscular frame with messy raven locks that were pushed back by black sunglasses. He was clad in a white sleeveless t-shirt and a sleeveless denim jacket that was dark blue, a red flannel shirt hugged his waist at his black boyfriend-cut jeans with tears in and he stomped on the cigarette stub on the concrete with black doc martens. He screamed sex appeal. You rolled your eyes as you swept passed the girls to go inside.

Others got out the car and Shinya asked from the driver's side,

"Isn't that supposed to be Yuu's friend?"

As he leant on the roof of the car to address Guren, but he wasn't paying attention. He followed Shinya's gaze to where he could see your back walking towards the building in your sweet clothing and neat (h/c) hair. He shrugged as he fiddled with his ear spike on his left ear,

"How am I supposed to know?"

He rebuffed with a chuckle before their group made their way to their first class. You couldn't help but scan the hallways to see if Yuu was anywhere to be seen, but there was no sign of his messy black mop of hair. You sighed, you'd been so worried about him since -