Chapter One

Jessica and Archie were walking into their tattered high school, holding their Starbucks in one hand and their backpack in the other. Jessica was carefully counting her footsteps as she walked on the concrete, listening to her boots as they softly hit the ground. She was pushing her long, gray cardigan out of the way as she walked. As they approached the school, there was a cluster of people around the front of the school. "What do you think they are looking at?" Archie asked. "I'm not sure, but I wanna go see!" Jessica says as she sprints off to the group of students. They were surrounding a poster on the beat up wall of their school. It said, 'Eighth Grade Formal, June 3 2019'. Nobody has heard of a dance up until now at their school. And now everyone is very interested in it. "A dance? I'm out! This is stupid!" Jennifer said as she strutted off. "Wait, Jennifer!" Archie called out. "I think a dance is cool! Come on, please go with me I don't wanna be a loner!" Archie pleaded. "And also we will probably see a failed experiment to ty and ask someone out!" Archie muttered under his breath. "...Okay, deal!" Jessica says as the shook on it.
"What are you going to get for lunch?" Jessica asks. "You call this lunch? This is barely food!" Archie exclaims. "Archie! Shut up! Their is a really cute guy next to me and I am trying to make a normal conversation!" Jessica whispers. "But your not a normal person!" Archie says. "I know! That is exactly why I'm doing this!" Jessica replies as she punches Archie in the arm which she immediately regrets because it looks like she is flirting with him. Jessica stares as this attractive stranger chooses what he wants for lunch, a salad and water. How healthy! She watches as he gives the aid his money and walks out of the kitchen. Her small smile turns into a frown as she watches him sit next to a girl and starts making out with her. "Well, there goes another one." Jessica remarks as she slams her hands on the table. They duo ate their lunch and then roamed the hallways. They admired the lockers, one decked out with multiple Post-It notes saying 'Happy Birthday!'   
They stared at a couple with interlocked hands. They just observed. They did it together,like  everything else. They walked and walked until the bell rang and they ran off to their next class.