6 ➳ In Which There's Silence

𓊈unedited𓊉

❮✦❯

     It was quiet at camp tonight, no one awake except for Charles and Sean who were on guard duty. You sat on the edge of you cot. Bandage on the your left cheek were the bullet grazed you yesterday.

   The sound of soft breathing made you feel relieved that you were here right now, and not with a bullet in your head back in Strawberry. Once you and Arthur returned to camp you embraced Nathan like very before. Just happy to be able to return to him, to see him, to hold him. He was your light..

  Nathan was asleep, an innocent smile on his face as he slept peacefully. You bent over giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead, mumbling a 'I love you".

    "Can't sleep?" John's scratchy voice softy ranged through the air.

    "Yeah.. still shaken... from yesterday that all," You stood up, wrapping your arms around yourself.

    John made his way into your tent, placing a rough hand on your face. Making you look up at him to met his eyes. "You shouldn't be here tonight, someone will see you," You were referring to Nathan. He was a kid, but if he was to wake up and see John kiss you. He'll blab it to the entire gang.

    John's forehead touched yours, noses barely touching, lips inches appeared. "I was worried, you've been acting upset all day." His voice laced with concern.

    You were ashamed. You were startled by the fact of a bullet grazing your face, when others survived worst. "Just the fact that someone doesn't care a shit if he lets the gang die," You didn't even have to mention his name. John knew who you met, and you were right.

     "Forgot about him," John's lips brushed against yours but not ever pressing against them. You backed away from him, not wanting to risk of being caught.

   The look John gave you, was enough to remind you that you loved him so fucking much. "(Y/n)," He called, his raspy voice a whisper.

   You looked at him, lashes covering your (e/c) eyes. Teardrops dripping down your face slowly. "J..John," You whimpered, putting a hand to your mouth. Fingers brushing your lips in a worryingly way.

    "I was so afraid in those few seconds, that I was going to die." You whispered. "Afraid of not seeing you again, afraid of not seeing Nathan.." You whimpering was getting louder, but you tried to control your emotion.

    Arms wrapped around you, pulling you into a tight, warm embrace. Lips colliding with yours. John was trying to comfort you the best way he knew how, as he pulled away from the short kiss. "Let's go into town tomorrow, you and me." John stated, lips coming to meet yours again.

   This time the kiss was longer, filled with so much passion. You could taste him. That same overwhelming musky flavor with just a hint of the sweetest of whiskeys. It made you weak in the knees.

   "I'd love that John," You replied to him. Hands cupping John's face as you smashed your lips into his for one last kiss tonight.

❮✦❯

      The sunrise was beautiful this morning at Horseshoe Overlook. A real beauty. Almost makes you forget what a sinner you really are.