uno.

Lance has always been a lover boy-- cracking jokes and flirting with boys and girls to no end. He never really saw a flaw in this trait because that was just how he rolled. However, he was seriously contemplating whether or not he should drop the act. What appeared to be a harmless pick-up line got him pressed against the bathroom wall, his very life threatened by the stranger he tried to hit on.

Just where did he go wrong?

Fifteen minutes ago...

 After a long day at work, Lance decided it would be a great night to enjoy a cold one with the boys. Being a rookie inspector was difficult, especially when your efforts in making a name for yourself is overshadowed by the never ending wave of crime reports on the news. Whenever a case was solved, another one popped up, just like whack-a-mole. Researching files and stalking suspects wasn't exactly the reason why Lance decided to join the police force. He wanted to be in the action-- y'know, pew pew, with the guns? He wanted to chase after criminals, actually put to use the skills he learned in his arduous years of training. If he had known that being an inspector meant sitting on his ass for 12 hours a day, staring at a computer screen or taking a stroll around main street while tailing a suspect, Lance would have quit university a long while ago and made easy money as a stripper.

Lance and his team had just finished a substance abuse case and what great way to unwind by going to the bar, right? A bunch of single officers enjoying a nice drink-- maybe hook up for the night and have some fun-- it became a typical, mundane thing to do.

Almost too mundane-- deep down, Lance wished for something new and interesting to happen in his life. Like they always say, be careful what you wish for, because that's exactly what Lance had coming for him.

The bar that Lance and his buddies frequented was a hot spot for many locals. During the daytime it was a nice restaurant, but during the night, it was a crazy rave party with flashing neon lights and booming music that shook the floor with each drop.

"I can't believe we still come here." Pidge comments, following Lance through the doors of the bar. "We're police officers and this place is famous for alcohol-induced fall-outs."

"Relax Pidge, this is exactly why we're here." Lance grinned slyly, hooking an arm around her neck. "Let loose once in a while! We're here to par-tay!!"

Hunk chimed in, "I'm just here for the food. Their wings are the best-- maybe I could bribe them for their recipe, although that would look bad if I was caught. Y'know, me being a cop and all."

With a disgruntled sigh,  Pidge brushed off Lance's arm and followed her two energetic friends into the crowded building.

After taking a seat and ordering, Lance was of course, bored and ready to mingle. Glancing around the bar, he elbowed Hunk and pointed to a girl sitting in a corner. From the back, her hourglass figure was apparent through her tight-fitting dress.

"Psst! I bet you 5 that you can't get a date with her." Lance wiggled his brows. "She's SMOKIN' hot."

Hunk furrowed his brows, fingers deep in his buffalo wings. "You know that that's not my type."

Pidge glanced at the bar, where a lone male sat on a stool, seemingly transfixed on the ice in his drink. From the back, you couldn't really see his face, but he gave off an unapproachable vibe. There wasn't anyone within a 5 meter radius from him; it was as if he was some sort of wild feline that nobody wanted to associate with.

"I'll bet you 20 if you can land a one-nighter with him." Pidge smirked, jabbing her thumb toward the male.

Lance scoffed. "Make that 50."

"Deal."