Chapter 25

“You just have to get him while he’s alone.” Jamie said, putting her hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me.

“I do, it’s just people keep barging in and changing the subject. I can’t even talk to him for two minutes before someone comes and takes me away from him.” I said in angry rage.

“You mean Dylan?”

“Yeah!” I shouted.

“Sweetie, Dylan still thinks you’re his girlfriend.” Jamie said.

“You sound like my mom.” I muttered. Jamie huffed. “And I didn’t exactly break up with him yet.” I said, twirling a bracelet around my wrist.

“What?!”

“I’m nervous. I can’t just say out of the blue ‘we’re over Dylan. I love Riker more than you.’ That’s rude.” I replied. Jamie’s eyes shifted ahead.

“Well you better act soon, because Dylan’s on his way over here.” She said. I looked up just in time to see Dylan close the space between us.

“Hayley. There you are. I have a surprise for you.” He said, taking my hand and pulling me up from the couch.

“Y-you do?” I asked, looking back and forth from Dylan to Jamie. Jamie slapped her hand on her head when I looked at her.

“Yeah, come on.” He said, smiling. I looked back at Jamie who mouthed the word ‘soon’. I nodded and then smiled at Dylan. I hated lying to him. I knew I had to do this now. Dylan gently tugged me my hand and guided me out the front door and across the parking lot to where the limo was parked. He opened the door and motioned for me to go inside. I slid in weary about what the ‘surprise’ was. Once Dylan was inside he closed the door and got closer to me.

“You know I love you, Hayley?” He said, taking my hand. His eyes locked on mine. I had to do my best not to let them see through and discover the truth.

“I k-know.” I stumbled on my words.

“And you love me, am I right?” He asked, getting closer. I nodded. I did love him, but as a friend. Riker was the real one I loved. Dylan got closer.

“Well, I think it’s time.” He said before his hot lips landing on mine. I had to restrain myself from screaming. That would only make things worse.

“Stop.” I said against his lips. His hands went to my waist.

“Hmmm.” He murmured.

“Stop.” I said again. I put my hands up on his chest and began to push lightly. Dylan’s lips found my neck and he began to nick it lightly, before he turned a bit rough.

“Please….. stop.” I breathed, hating the sound of pleasure in my voice.

“Mmmmm Hayley.” He said, still sucking on my neck. Next thing I knew, Dylan’s hands traveled down to the hem of my dress and then back up underneath. That’s when I knew things were going to far.

“Dylan! Stop.” I said, pushing his chest. Dylan stopped and he looked up at me.

“What’s the matter?” He asked.

“We shouldn’t be doing this.” I said, looking down. Dylan put his hand underneath my chin.

“Don’t worry. The limo driver isn’t here. It’s just us.” He said, kissing me again.

“It’s not that.” I said, pushing him.

“What is it then?”

“I...” I said trying to find the right words. “This wouldn’t be right if I was doing it with someone who I didn't lo-” I said. Dylan looked at me.

“I…. I love you Dylan, don’t get me wrong, but Riker…. I love Riker.” I blurted.