Chapter 10

Have you ever felt like the whole world is against you. And you're going through a kind of pain and you can't tell anyone cause they wouldn't understand you. That is absolutely how I feel right now, sitting on the roof of the house.You're probably like whats wrong with Yon. Imma tell you. So my stupid brother decided to be so mean to me he ate the last tub of ice-cream I had been saving for a whole week. That isn't even all, so I got really mad and started screaming at him and my mum decided I deserved to be grounded. 

Today was supposed to be my girls day out with the girls, well and Dave too. Now I had to not be a selfish bitch and I told them they could go on without me and here I am now sitting on the top of my roof staring into the sky. I actually needed that girls outing to cool off.

These past days have been kind of stressful. School work decided to be a bitch to me and I've buried myself in it. Not to talk of the glares I've been getting from Beatrice. Lord knows  I thought this school term we wouldn't have any reason to communicate but now she seems to be everywhere. She even managed to get me in trouble in gym class the other day by throwing a dodge ball at our gym teacher and lying that it was me. I was so irritated and puzzled. I got detention for two days people. That's cleaning the stupid hall way for two days.

My mum has been acting a bit off and I have a feeling it has to do with her ad my dad's anniversary that is coming up sometimes next week. She might try to act all tough and all but I know the divorce affected her just as much as it affected me when it happened. It's still affecting us. Sometimes I'd catch her staring into space lost in thoughts and sometimes I'd hear sniffling from her room. Whenever I approach her about it, she laughs it off telling me I now hear spirits. She's been really good with my brother and I especially me since I had a nervous breakdown during the divorce and I was not myself for months. All the while I never saw her act weak. Sometimes I wish she'd scream or do something rash so we can console her the way she has been doing for us.

My brother on the other hand confuses me. He has never seemed to be affected by the divorce. I think it's cause he and my dad were never close. He had always been a mama's boy. Sure he was quiet for a while, he didn't even showcase his mood for a while. But after a month or two stupid Dan came around. He even talks to dad on the phone whenever he calls. I never do that.

*****

Drop, drop, drop. I open my eyes. It is starting to drizzle I must have slept off on the roof. I try to open the window so I can go back in but it wouldn't budge. 

"Opennnnnnnnn !!!", I start to scream dragging the handle and snap now its broken.

 My day cannot even get worse. The rain seems to be getting worse as the minutes pass and now I'm soaking wet. I remember their is a bush in the corner of the house and I run and jump without even thinking twice and crash.

"What the absolute hell" a voice shrieks. 

I look up to see Dave holding a large pizza. 

"What the hell to you too man what are you even doing here",  I say dusting myself trying to cover up the fact that I am in absolute severe pain. 

I collect the pizza from him and walk inside the house, him trailing behind me.

"Fiona Alexandra Hills, What are you doing on my beautiful carpet soaking wet" my mother screams and I'm dumbfounded.

 I pass the pizza to Dave and I give my mum the window handle. 

"Glad to know you care about some stupid carpet than your daughter" I shout walking away and I hear her sigh.

I didn't mean to snap at her like that, blame the pent up frustration I have been carrying around all week and how I am freezing cols right now. 

 I walk into  my room and sit down on the floor staring into space for another thirty minutes before stand up and start to peel off my dress. I'm taking off my sweatpants when I hear my door open. I look up to see Dave holding the pizza and looking at me with his mouth wide open. I shriek dragging the nearest possible cloth to cover my body which happened to be my wet top and trust that didn't do much hiding. Dave stands at the door mouth wide open 

"Dave what the fuck are you still standing for" I shout and he clears his throat and walks outside with the pizza closing the door. I put on a yoga pant and a sweater and go to the bathroom to squeeze my hair.

When I open my door Dave is still standing there looking around like a lost puppy. We make eye contact and we're like that for another ten seconds before we both burst out laughing. 

*****

"What are you even doing here" I ask him holding a large pizza and liking off the sauce that would start dripping any second from now.

We're both sitting on my bed the pizza between us, 

"the girls said you got grounded so I decided to stop by. I knew your mum won't turn me back so here I am" he says and I cant help but smile.

"Lets just watch a movie" I say grabbing my laptop and that is what we do for the next four hours. Watching two movies in a row and eating pizza.

*****

I'm lying down on my bed after Dave is gone and I hear a soft knock on my door. My mum opens the door and peeps in before coming in and i drag my duvet to cover my whole head.

"Come on Yon stop being a baby" she says but I don't budge "I'm sorry okay, I even made those muffins you like. They're on the counter" she says and I slowly pull down my duvet and adjust for her to sit. 

"I miss him" I say after a moment of quiet between us. She looks taken aback for a minute because I'm never one to talk about my feelings like that or talk about a sensitive subject like my Dad.

 "I know she says hugging me and playing with my hair.

"He left because of me" I say sobbing loudly, tears rolling down my eyes. I don't usually have outbursts like this but I've been expecting it ever since Beatrice appeared back in my life. 

My mum doesn't say anything she just shushes me kissing me lightly on my head till I fall asleep.

..

.

.

kizz

Guess who is back after the longest break ever