Chapter Two- My Mama would be so ashamed

Grace
It was within a few hours of sitting beside Zip watching mindless TV that I got up and moved towards the bedroom to try and sleep. The room was basic in everything. A double bed sat in the middle of the room, bedside tables sat either side and a wardrobe was shovered into the far corner. a dressing table sat right inside the door with a mirror resting on. To its left was the door to the ensuite. Snooping through the room I found a towel and a t-shirt to sleep in. It wasn't my cleverest idea to sleep in his clothes but I couldn't exactly sleep in my jeans. Grabbing both I went into the bathroom and unchanged.
It was during the shower that the events of the day washed over me. I felt myself begin to shiver despite the piping hot water cascading down on me. Tears welled in my eyes as silent sobs left me. Losing the strength in my legs I slipped to the floor of the shower curling in on myself. A phone call. That's all it took to send everything spiralling out of control. Running my hands through my hair to get it backout of my face, I felt the weight of my actions pressing my shoulders down.
Time passed and I let it before I collected myself and got out of the shower. The bathroom was a cloud of stream from the shower. Slipping his t-shirts over my head I felt it brush just above my knees. Slipping my underwear on it dawned on me I would have to convinced Zip to bring me shopping at some point tomorrow. Not expecting to find a hair dryer, I wrapped my hair up in the towel and moved back into the bedroom. turning off the light in the room, I eased myself into the bed. I prompted myself up against the headboard and gazed out the window into the night sky. The stars twinkled in at me, the moon basking the room with its glow.
I shifted to my back in the bed, only to roll to my side not ten minutes later, my mind spinning a mile a minute.
I lay there well into an hour, maybe two before I flung the covers off my and make my way quietly to the kitchen, acutely aware of Zip sleeping on the couch. I felt around blindly in the dark until I located a cup and filled it with water.
I had taken a gulp of water when Zips voice came through the dark at me before light filled the room.
"You okay?" he asked in his normal tone, however in the middle of the night it felt as though he had yelled at me, and my body reacted as if he had. My arm holding the glass jerked in response, sending water sloshing over the rim to splatter all over the floor as my throat closed off and I choked on the water I had been swallowing. spluttering through a coughing fit I watched through blurry eyes as Zip leaned into the counter and waited.
"Yeah," I finally got my coughing under control, "I'm fine. Thirsty." Holding the glass up between us. His eyes went from me to the glass then to the mess on the floor. He passed no comment and silence surrounded us.
"Did I wake you?" I asked and got his eyes once again.
"No but then again, hard to fall alseep when you're shifting around every other minute." he answered and I blinked.
"Well.... I couldn't sleep." I defended and watched in amazement as a small quirk moved his lips. It was gone before I could fully appreciate it.
"Unfamiliar place, you'll settle soon. Yeah sure, of course you can borrow my shirt." he said before moving out of the room and back into the livingroom calling "Night." over his shoulder. Finishing my water I left the glass in the sink before heading back to the bedroom as silently as I could. Slipping back between the covers I lay still thinking about how I could be disturbing Zip with my movements. Then I lay for longer thinking about Zip and how he had promised he would keep me safe.
I don't know what possessed me to do it but feeling uneasy with the events of the day and being in an unfamiliar place I make the executive decision to jump out of bed, pulling a pillow and the duvet with me as I walked down the hall into the livingroom. Dropping  down onto the floor beside the couch I arranged the pillow and covers before settling in.
"The fuck are you doing?" came from above me.
"Sleeping." I whispered back, already feeling my mind begin to slow.
"What's wrong with the fucking bed?" he asked sounding pissed by my presence.
"It's too far away." I again answered in a whisper.
"From what?" he asked incredulously and blinking I glanced up to see his silhouette leaning over the edge of the couch.
"You promised to keep me safe, I don't feel safe down there yet. You won't even know I'm here." I whispered vulnerably before settling my head back down and closing my eyes again. I didn't get a reply or at least I didn't think I did, I don't remember because quick as lightning I had fallen asleep on the hard floor of the livingroom knowing whether he wanted to or not, Zip would protect me.